“Adorable little beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Proposal Rock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Neskowin
Proposal Rock Inn
Cornelius, Oregon, United States
“Adorable little beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our condo was a little outdated, but was very cute and comfortable Unit #333 They need to update the TV

I wish there was a little more privacy on the deck, the side walls have a large square holes and you can see all the way down to each and every balcony.

Very quite surroundings and I love all the flowers out front.

We ordered some sandwiches from the store/deli right next door that were very good, but the store was quite crowded on Sunday morning to purchase some coffee and pasties, it was a long wait.

The pizza was wonderful ordered from the restaurant.

We loved the beach.

I would like to come back with rest of my family in a more updated unit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Terri N

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Neskowin is the perfect escape on the Oregon Coast, my family has been going here for twenty years. Proposal Rock Inn is a super quick walk to the quiet, family-friendly beach. Being a small private community, the beach is never crowded, is located just ten miles north of Lincoln City for good shopping, food, and entertainment, for the Oregon Coast. The units are well kept, quiet, and have great views. Perfect for a couple or small family. The beach can't be beat, especially since it is so close to Lincoln City and Newport, but you won't deal with the crowds in Neskowin. Great hiking, and the Rock Creek Cafe's (right next to Proposal Rock Inn) Bacon Pesto Pizza is to die for.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end, second and third floor have the best ocean views, the rest have nice views b...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Shale J
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel at Neskowin is one of only one in the vicinity within 15 miles, so they do have a monopoly, but the price was not unreasonable for a large room with full kitchen and a great view! Having confirmed in advance that there were no restaurants or stores anywhere nearby, we had prepared for that by bringing food for the evening and morning. My plan was to ride the bicycle from Hillsboro to the destination at Neskowin. it took about 5 hours for the 80 mile ride, under beautiful February conditions: sunshine and blue skies. Arriving at the hotel, check-in was easy and my wife showed-up with the car just about 10 minutes after i got there. We had a second floor room with a view of the creek, the ocean and the rock monolith in the surf. The room had all of the necessary kitchen supplies and the shower worked great: hot water and good pressure! As this was a owner-furnished unit, the decor was not cookie-cutter style, retaining some of the owners personality. The bed, linens and other furninshings were all clean and comfortable. And in the morning, it was only 200 feet to get to the beach (although the high tide made walking any distance a non-starter). I would defintely stay again and recommend this venue for friends, family or a romantic get-away. The small general store is expected to re-open in March of 2013.

Room Tip: 2nd floor and rooms located more to the south give a better view of the beach
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ivan_c_meadors
Portland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We did a quick winter get away and stayed in unit 130. I could tell they had put alot of money into upgrading this unit. The hotel itself is an older hotel and have stayed in some units that look thier age. This one had a updated kitchen and probably the best bathroom I have had in a beach resort. Walk in shower with nice tile and no mold! The view is not direct ocean front but from the deck you get a great view of proposal rock. Also a nice touch is the mirror next to the window so that you can watch the ocean while watching television. The murphy bed is actually comfortable but I wish they would put some money into the linens the sheets are practically see through. Oh well.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank catnhat222
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

My fiance took me here for Valentine's & it was the best! With everything they had to offer inside the room there was no need to leave. But if we wanted to it was a short little walk to the beach, restaurant or little market. It was the most romantic Valentine's I've ever had with the votive candles all around, cozy deck to watch the sunset, down to the big fluffy couch to snuggle on in front of the gas fireplace. Not to mention the decor that screamed "I'm at the beach!" 5 star in my opinion

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank MzTink
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My man and I go here usually once a year, if we can, more. This is a wonderful little town, only 10 minutes from Lincoln City (big town with Casino) with a fantastic view, spacious rooms, and literally ON the beach.
I have never in the last 8 years had a problem with this place. It has a full kitchen (you supply food and drink), cozy atmosphere, kind employees that are extremely helpful, and really, EVERYTHING YOU COULD ASK FOR!
We keep saying that when we retire, that we are getting a house in Neskowin because we are so enchanted by it's beauty.
Proposal Rock Inn is the place that we stay every year and every year, we are happy with that choice. As a matter of fact, I am calling them again to book now! :D

Room Tip: I prefer the view from the 2nd or 3rd floors, but they are all great!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Clean comfortable yes but old and dated the carpets are shot as is everything. Its old and tired.No internet service,no pool or hot tubs,only a great view from our deck.When we checked in the office had a big dog in it and it smelled like a dog was not impressed at all at that point I was a little disappointed in the whole trip there.Rates were a little high for what you got going back yes but not to this place.

Room Tip: there has got to be better!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank charmia75
mrbeachcomber, Guest Relations Manager at Proposal Rock Inn, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
We are sorry that you were disappointed with your trip. I need to point out that we do indeed have free high-speed internet service in all suites and studios and a guest computer in our office lobby as well. Our condominiums are all privately owned and furnished. We attempt to place guests in the units that have been most recently updated and we encourage potential guests to inquire about differences in accommodations. We are pet friendly in the office and in several units where the owners allow pets. We know dogs are not for everyone but we are a family style inn and have chosen a policy that makes traveling with pets a little easier for visitors.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neskowin
Looking Glass Inn
#1 of 3 in Pacific City
Liberty Inn Lincoln City
Liberty Inn Lincoln City
#19 of 36 in Lincoln City

Been to Proposal Rock Inn? Share your experiences!