“Love the place, great view, small issues...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Netarts
Terimore Lodging by the Sea
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Netarts
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I, along with our 10-month-old son, visited the Terimore Motel for the first time in 1991 and stayed in a 2-room cabin (this was before they changed the policy to a 2-night minimum for cabins), yes some of the furniture and dishes were old but there was nothing really wrong with them. At that time our only complaint was the steep path to the beach, it was too risky trying to navigate that path and carry an infant, and a stroller was out of the question on sand.

We visited again in 2001, by this time the "baby" was 11 nearly years old and he had a 6-year-old brother, and my mom came too. But the oldest boy was now in a wheelchair and the cabins weren't handicapped friendly, so my husband stayed in a ground-level motel room with him and the rest of us had a cabin, which turned out to be older than the one we'd stayed in 10 years earlier. There were some uneven spots on the floor and when my son had a nightmare at 3:00 AM and screamed, I went to check on him, the combination of being half-asleep and walking on an uneven floor was kinda humorous in retrospect, I felt like I was either drunk or on a ship.

Our third visit was in August 2011 - sad to say, my oldest son had passed away 8 years earlier, and my husband was unable to go, so my now-16 year-old son asked to bring a friend. I was having problems with my knees and wasn't too happy to learn that all 2-bed rooms were on the top floor, but the boys helped with luggage so I didn't have to make repeated trips. When we arrived all 3 of us went into the office, the lady was very nice and concerned that we were so late in arriving because we followed bad instructions that led us into Netarts by the 3 Capes Scenic loop, which is NOT the best route from the south, it took us all over the place before we finally found the motel (my husband was driving the other 2 times but he wasn't there to help this time). Shortly after we'd gotten our luggage into the room, she called up and said she noticed how tall the boys were and thought they might like a separate beds, the room next door was empty and she let them have it at no extra charge. We also stayed in Baker City, Cottage Grove (2 nights), Brookings, Sandy, and Ontario on that trip, and the boys agreed that the Terimore was their favorite of all the motels we visited!

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center, but being close to the beach it's not really an issue.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Anna V

Reviewed 19 October 2013

When we first got to the Terimore we weren't sure, but we got one of the nicer rooms and the owner couple was very nice. We enjoyed our time and were quite comfortable. Furnishings are nothing special, but very clean. Fantastic view.

Room Tip: Room #3 was grand. More expensive,but worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim m
terimore, Manager at Terimore Lodging by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us here at the Terimore Lodging by the Sea, and for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you were comfortable and enjoyed the views of the beautiful Netarts bay and ocean, with that it has to offer. Next time you are in the Netarts bay area we hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Terimore Lodging by the Sea

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was looking for quiet, peaceful, inexpensive housing along the Oregon coast I was intrigued by the ad for the Terimore Lodging by the Sea and thrilled when I called and received such a warm and welcoming response from the person answering the phone. Turns out that Jaycee and her husband Chris, take great pride in welcoming visitors to their near perfect establishment and then making sure that you are well taken care of for any,and all ,of your needs. I say "near"because it is "no frillsl" lodging...The motel rooms, cabins and tiny house are extremely well kept...clean, with refrigerator, microwave, hd tv, path to the beach, and absolutely stunning vistas of the ever changing Netarts Bay. So different from the ocean per se'. Low tide brings people clamming, exploring, seeking and searching the mysteries left behind when the tide has gone out. High tide brings waves almost up to the buildings. Ever changing vistas...Peaceful lodging. Great support system from Jaycee and Chris and their staff. A grocery store with everything one could need. Fresh oysters, live crab, the daily paper, a deli, dvd rental, fresh veggies and on and on. A lovely Restaurant 5 miles up the road in Oceanside. Approximately 9 miles from Tillamook with its cheese factory, fun thrift shops and restaurants of every type and cost. I left Tillamook at 2:15pm and was on the Sunset highway @ 3:15. Netarts is aprox. 86 miles from Portland. Easy drive to the very welcoming, quiet and nicety of Terimore Lodging by the Sea. Try it. Don't expect fancy but do enjoy the cleanliness, the friendliness, and the beauty of a quiet, undiscovered gem by the sea. PS. I booked for 3 days and stayed for 7!! There is a message in there. Enjoy. Tell them Bette sent you!

Room Tip: I loved the easy access to my room. I staid in #23. There are multiple levels, some with stairs, so...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Terimore Lodging by the Sea, and for taking the time to give us your review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest for your 7 day stay. The Netarts bay is now full of Crabbers, who seem to be bringing home the catch. As you mentioned always something to watch on the ever changing waters.
Next time your adventures bring you to the Netarts Bay, We hope that you will choose to stay with us here at the Terimore again.
Jacy,Chris, and the Terimore Staff

Reviewed 15 October 2013

so--we spent two weeks at the terimore on our trip to Oregon. what fun. the managers, (jaycee and chris) were so friendly and helpful. even set up our crab pot and burner so we could cook our crab. its just a few step to the ocean from the "cabin" we stayed in and if you stay in the actual motel section a lot of the rooms are ocean view. There is an incline to walk to the beach but its not that bad. located right next door is a small grocery store so if you forgot something you can find it there. no the rooms are not the Hilton but we had what we needed. full size fridge and stove, microwave etc. and the price was excellent!!! thanks terimore staff.
tom and jeri

Room Tip: cabins are better value but not as updated. it was quiet .
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeri c
terimore, Manager at Terimore Lodging by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

It was a pleasure having you as our guest for your two week stay,and happy that you enjoyed your visit. We enjoy having the on site cleaning/cooking station, it allows us to be able to visit with our guest, as they are cooking up there delicious catch from the local Netarts bay. We hope to see you again on your next adventure to the Oregon Coast.
Jacy and Chris

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

The view was great, the room was nothing special. The room was to pricy for October but the receptionist was nice enough to negotiate on the price. We were looking for something nicer. Check out time was at noon so that was good!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mccoog
terimore, Manager at Terimore Lodging by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your review, and for staying with us here at the Terimore Lodging. We are happy that you enjoyed the view of the Netarts bay and Pacific ocean. We are now running mid week specials thru the end of October, and our winter rates start November 1st.
Jacy

Reviewed 29 September 2013

...this is the place for you! We found this place while traveling the coast this past summer. We could believe the price compared to what we had been paying. It's outdated but functional at is best...I wish we could have stayed another day instead of just overnight. The view is beautiful and the area so peaceful, is surreal. We walked the beach in our pjs with some wine and watched the sunset....others were digging for shells and another family was having a bonfire but you still felt like the only ones out there. Please don't miss this little gem, I'm betting you fall in love with it's uniqueness and charm....not too mention the breathtaking views, did I mention the morning sky? ;)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights here because the setting was incredible especially for the price. Right on the water, very quiet... almost felt like we went back in time. You could walk down to the bay and go clam digging which we didn't do. We did walk down and it was lovely.
The only problem is that the bed was quite old and sagging a bit and the place could use some upgrading. I would stay here again even if no upgrades. You can't beat the view and peaceful setting for this price

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lisadlov
Also consider these accommodations in or near Netarts
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites
12 mi away
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel
#3 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Terimore Lodging by the Sea? Share your experiences!