Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country
Best Western Newberg Inn(Newberg)(Great Value!)
US$144
Priceline
US$127
US$122
HolidayInn.com
La Quinta Inn Wilsonville(Wilsonville)
US$149
US$143
All reviewsturkey sausageyogurtthird floorcontinental breakfastblackout curtainslarge rooman updatequiet at nightup to dategeorge foxa nice place to staynight staybed was comfortablenewburghsinkwineriestoaster
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The hotel was clean and neat. The rooms were spacious and affordable. The beds were extremely comfortable as well! We were attending a campus event at George Fox University so we were offered a special rate as well. The value is outstanding, especially for parents of prospective college students. Loved, loved, loved the coffee as we're from Seattle and generally hotel/motel coffee is weak or not outstanding. So nice to have that in light of the long days and short nights we experienced while we were in town. The staff was courteous and friendly and accommodating to all our requests and needs. Will definitely recommend to all who travel through the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cd-seattle
shiloinns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear cd-seattle,

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg, Oregon.

Our staff here really enjoys providing our guests with the best possible experience, because you are busy with trying to get your child ready for college; and you don’t need any more stress. The experience should be like walking inside your own home and kicking your shoes off to relax.

We are glad you found the room very spacious and affordable. We love providing each guest the best comfort possible. Many guests have also mentioned that the coffee in the lobby and inside the rooms were wonderful too. They love the one cup maker system.

Thank you again for choosing the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. May you have a safe and wonderful traveling experience for your next visit!

Best Regards
Scott Fritscher - General Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Clean rooms, friendly and accommodating staff, nice complimentary breakfast. Nice to have a refrigerator and coffee maker in the rooms, as well as Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

We really appreciate every comment each of our guest provide. It helps us to strive to provide the best service for each of our guest. I want to thank you for choosing Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg.
We were glad you found our staff friendly and accommodating. We love providing each guest the best comfort possible. Each of our rooms has a small studio refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave oven, hair dryer, iron & iron board; to help provide the convenience and comfort as like being at your own home.

We are currently featuring a wine tasting package, “Taste, Tour, & Tails” that includes cheese and wine tasting at local tasting rooms, horse carriage ride to various wineries, and overnight accommodations that you might enjoy. You can visit our website for further information or call us directly.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

I can't say enough good things about this place, given that the price is so affordable. This hotel was just updated and they did a nice job. Rooms are also quite spacious and beds are comfortable. This is soooo central a location for trips to Oregon wine country!!! I had a great time staying there, and staff - from front desk, to GM, to housekeeping lead - were very pet-friendly and made my fur kids feel completely and totally at home. Fortunately, I have good pets, but they were excited to see my greyhounds daily, and I was thrilled to call this place home for the time I did. If anyone could balk at this place - for between $71 and $80 a night - I would faint dead. It's as nice as many $150 to $200 rooms in Portland and other cities, and offers you a nice place to stay while touring one of the most amazing places in the world - Oregon wine country!! Lavender in bloom, wine flowing, amazing food... this felt like a steal. I will stay here again and again. It's also not a bad cut-over through wine country and Forest Grove to the Oregon coast, and only took 90 minutes to hit the sand at Oswald State Beach. (Only possible suggestion might be changing the carpet in hallways in stairwell and second floor, since over time it takes on odors that even the best staff can't overcome - but trust me, that was a small deal compared to how great the hotel, location and staff are!)

Room Tip: Speak to any one of the friendly staff, but the one lady works M to F weekday mornings and is terrific!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg.
The staff here really enjoys providing our guests with the best possible experience.
We enjoy the pets that tag along too. Our pets need to be spoiled and have vacation trips just like our guest. We are glad you found the room very comfortable and affordable.

Many of our guest also find the pet policy to be fantastic, but for those concerned please make to request a non pet room. We do have sections of the building we try not allow pets in for this reason.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

Traveled to Newberg with family in July to visit George Fox University and attend their summer campus visit. Hotel is a short distance from campus and offers a special rate to folks attending campus events. Stayed in room with 2 Queens on 3rd (top) floor overlooking the pool. Room was very clean, modern, and surprisingly quiet considering the hotel was completely booked for the nights we were there. (top floor always helps)Room included separate sink, counter and mirror outside the shower room which is a definate plus for a family with two teenage girls. Also small microwave and fridge. Hotel provided continental type breakfast with yogurts, cereal boxes, beverages, and bagels in the lobby. It was a very economical and pleasant stay for this hotel class. Will stay here again if in the Newberg area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

We take a great deal of pride in providing our guests with the best possible experience. We are glad you found the room very comfortable and quiet, especially during a date which we were completely full. We love providing each guest the best comfort possible.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

I have been to this Shilo Inn many times over the past year as my daughter attends the local university. This Shilo Inn is where I always choose to stay when I am in Newberg. I have never had an issue with it not being clean. I have never seen mold in the rooms I have been in and I have been in several now. I have not noticed a problem with the walls being on the thin side, yet. The starff has always been very nice and helpful. The breakfast does not offer a wide variety of choices and does hot have hot food, but it has cereal, milk, juice, coffee, pastries, fruit, eggs, yogurt, and muffins/toast, and breakfast burritos(well that is a hot food which can be warmed up in the micro). The fitness room is not the best, but it has some stuff. I have not tried the jazuzzi or pool. My husband loves the sauna and steam room. There is a laundry, but it took quite a few times to get my jeans dry. This was addressed immediately by the staff and appears there was a clog in the duct. One person commented on the low income apts. right next door and some undesierable people from that place in the hotel parking lot. Yes, there are apts. nearaby, but I have not encountered problems. The parking lot can be a bit dark, so maybe brighter lighting in that area can be looked into which may discourage people from hanging out can be looked into? Overall, I really have enjoyed the place. The price is good, it is clean, comfortable, and has everthing I need to be comfortable for a few days. Oh yes, the wifi is free and I have never had a problem with it working, There is also a computer downstairs if you don't have a laptop of your own. I am 46 years old and my husband is 49. Our children are 18 and 13 and we have enjoyed this place very much.

• Stayed: February 2011
NewbergGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

I was pleased your husband was able to relax and enjoy our sauna and steam room, hopefully you can enjoy our outdoor pool during your next visit. You will also be happy to know we will be adding waffles to our Breakfast to enhance our guests experience. I can assure you I have taken the necessary steps to correct the lighting issues you mention and thank you for letting us know your concerns.

We are currently featuring a wine tasting package, Grapes, Gourmet & Goodnight that includes wine & cheese pairing, customized wine tour, dinner and overnight accommodations that you might enjoy, you can visit our website, for further information or call us directly.

Thank you again for choosing the Shilo Inns Suites in Newberg, our staff takes a great deal of pride in providing our guests with a memorable visit and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Best Regards & Safe Traveling,