“Economical Stay”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Economical Stay”
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We stayed at the Shilo Inn the second week in May 2010. Our mission was to find a decent hotel that was in a good location, inexpensive and would provide us a central base to explore wine country. Wanting to spend money on wine verses accomodations the Shilo fit the bill nicely. Sure, there are more upscale places to stay, more secluded B&Bs than the Shilo....but none in the $60 range like the Shilo.
The room was okay. If you are looking for 4 or 5 stars stay elsewhere. If you are looking for a decent standard large room this could be your place. Generally clean, a bit noisy with sounds of other guests rooms....all in all okay.
One benefit of the Shilo is its close proximity to a number of walking distance restuarants. We found an exceptional place one block away from the hotel called SubTerra....it was sensational Heather perfect service and the food were a definate positive.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lafayette, Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2010

It was fine....Considering why we were there. Swam Watched t.v., Went next Door To The Bar...Played Slots...Lost., Slept.

Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank catherinehickey
Washington State
Reviewed 21 December 2009

I have stayed there two times and the rooms are large, quiet and very comfortable. The King bed room has a nice couch and two sinks, microwave and fridge.

My only complaint is that both rooms had poor shower pressure and the shower re-director knob was broken off.

Otherwise, it is a safe quiet area and the free WiFi worked well and had reasonable speed.
My father was very ill and then passed away and it was nice to know my accommodations were not something I had to worry about.

The nearby restaurant J's Restaurant & Lounge has low prices & very good food.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
shilo_newberg, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, 24 February 2010
Thank you for the kind comments, and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We are proud to offer 4 star accommodations at 2 star prices, and I am glad your stay reached those expectations, as it was mentioned in your title. The pictures you posted were also very appreciated, as future guests can see how spacious, and clean the rooms are. We take great pride in providing the best for our guests, and we can’t wait for you to visit us again!
arizona
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I stayed at the Shilo in late October while visiting family in town, and was very pleased throughout my 3 night stay. The staff there was very helpful, polite, and upbeat. I wasn't very familiar with the area and they went out of their way to point out all the local attractions, restaurants, and even gave me a map to refer to. I felt that they were very resourceful, and easy to approach. The room I stayed in was very comfortable, and just the right size. Not to mention very quiet which was very accommodating. In the morning, they offer a continental breakfast that was well balanced and satisfactory. Always fresh coffee prepared, and fresh fruit which I enjoyed. Overall, I am grateful I was able to find a nice, affordable hotel in a great location. Very pleased customer!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
shilo_newberg, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, 19 February 2010
I am so happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you so pleasantly! Oregon’s wine country has so many hidden secrets, we love guests to discover them, and experience the natural beauty is offers! I am also pleased to read our staff was helpful during your stay, the Shilo Inns takes great pride in excellent customer service. We want to thank you for your business, and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 November 2009

Well, this place has a few issues. The staff is nice and friendly, but can't improve this review.

Firstly, the water pressure in the shower is poor. Not so bad for me; terrible for the lady washing her hair.

Secondly, the hot tub was never hot. It seems like about 72 degrees is all it could manage.

Thirdly, the TV refused to work right. It had an issue talking to the cable box. Sometimes pulling the plug and waiting would work. Sometimes not.

We will not be staying here again.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
shilo_newberg, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, 15 February 2010
Thank you for taking the time to discuss the issues you experienced during your stay. It helps us prepare, and execute better for the future. I am sorry to hear that you wouldn’t be visiting us again. I assure you a future stay will be much more positive, than the one you unfortunately had.

Travellers are raving about these Newberg hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 October 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights with my family in Oct 2009. It is a basic hotel that has been recently remodeled. Our room was a good size, had comfortable beds, had new carpet and a new flat panel TV. The hotel is located conveniently off of the highway and is easy to find. The hotel offered a basic, but good, continental breakfast.

The only thing I was disappointed in was that they didn't have any baby cribs available (they said they were broken). Overall, the hotel is a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
shilo_newberg, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, 5 February 2010
I am glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, and comfortable beds. We are so happy to hear our guests enjoying their stay, as we work hard to fulfill positive lodging experiences. I apologize about the baby cribs not being available, I assure we will do our best to make sure one is ready when you visit us next time.
Portland Ore.
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Its a good location to visit wine country. Nice helpful staff. Great rooms, plenty of towels.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StuPortlandOre_
shilo_newberg, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg, responded to this review, 2 February 2010
Thank you for the kind comments, as I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on future getaways to Oregon’s wine country.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Best Western Newberg Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
McMinnville Inn
McMinnville Inn
#4 of 6 in McMinnville

Been to Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg? Share your experiences!