“Best in the West”

Allison Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Allison many times in the past 4-5 years. It is a world class operation in every respect. The consistency of execution from arrival at the front door to the closing of the car door upon departure makes you want to return soon and often. We have not stayed in a better facility on the West Coast.
Tom and Sandy

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any room.
1  Thank Sandy K

Reviewed 22 August 2014

In the midst of the wine country of Oregon, you will find a welcome respite that is an earthly piece of heaven, The Allison Inn and Spa. This is a class act from start to finish.

The accommodations are luxuriously appointed. Each room is large and each has a lovely view of the hills and vineyards. The service is impeccable and all with a gracious smile. The gardens are charming, the spa, superb, the food delicious.

I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely. We enjoyed overlooking the garens
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were here for only a brief, two day stay in the middle of an Oregon road trip. In all honesty, we almost never left the premises. Incredible room, with all the little touches that make you feel at home. Comfortable throws in. Window seat; complimentary snacks; cozy robes (I ended up buying one, $95 at the spa). Amazing bathroom/tub. Down pillows, fireplace, balcony. I visited the spa for a 90 minute facial; it was amazing. beautiful facility, perfect facial, and absolutely not a hint of pressure to buy products (usually the reason I do not do facials). All the amenities for a romantic/relaxing weekend.

You will need reservations for the restaurant but no worries if you can't get them. The upscale bar and "living room" area has the same menu and excellent service. Smart casual dress seems the norm. Fantastic food, beautifully prepared.

The service here is OUTSTANDING. I always appreciate great service, and honestly the staff at the Allison are phenomenal with no exceptions. Free valet; always someone to open a door. They even asked if there was a convenient time for maid service. My husband ended up having to work a bit unexpectedly, and they loaned him a laptop to work on in the privacy of our room. I absolutely commend the staff here on their high quality of service.

Beautiful setting, beautiful facility and grounds.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbson
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Three days here, wonderful delight !! Great location, rooms grand with fireplace, bathrooms large,quiet, service spectacular, spa, exercise well done, cannot say enough good things about this jewel....will be back for sure !!!!
Oh yes, shower perfect !!!

Room Tip: west view, pick third floor.......................................
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were a group of three couples on a four-day wine tasting trip. I selected this hotel not only for for it's location--central to exploring McMinnville, Carlton and Dundee Hills wineries--but also because of the spa and beautiful vineyard setting. I was also intrigued by the fact that sculptures and art by Oregon artists were placed throughout the hotel and grounds. (A book in each room contains info about the artwork and artist bios.)
We arrived early and staff welcomed us and let us store our luggage while we were out for the day. Our penthouse suites were beautifully well-appointed, comfortable and tastefully decorated. A nice gratis "snack" basket and bottled water were a welcoming surprise. The bed was uber comfortable, and the hotel was quiet at night. Higher wattage vanity lighting in the bathroom is a must--it was difficult to put on make-up.
We'd made an advance reservation for Jory the first evening and were immediately seated on the deck. Terrific food, well-paced evening spent overlooking vineyards on a beautiful summer day really set the tone for the trip. Guests can use the spa facilities at any time, and it was great to have a steam or go for a swim at the end of the day.
My husband and I had a couples massage (reasonably priced compared to similar hotels in the states) prior to checking out our last day. At our request, our room service breakfast delivered to us poolside after our massages. I'd ordered an English muffin w/my poached eggs, but the muffin was missing. The waitress said she would bring it, but never brought it. That was the only "miss" of our stay, but when paying well over $500/night a room, service has to be perfect.

Room Tip: Book early for the least expensive rooms. We were so late with planning, we ended up with the last r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cameron J
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We are back from a long weekend wine tasting in the Willamette valley with some wonderful friends. This spot was recommend by others and although a bit pricey, it was worth every penny. We loved the views, the privacy, the waking trails surrounding the inn, wonderful service, the food (review for Jory too), and ambiance. Although we didn't partake in any spa activity, we heard it is lovely and next time we will give it a try. I fully suggest you splurge while in the area and stay at the Allison. It really was a wonderful experience for my husband and I.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This has to be one of the best hotel experiences that I have had. Beautiful hotel, room was exquisite with fireplace and beautiful linens, grounds impeccably kept, wonderful restaurant (Jory) with chef's table, staff extremely accommodating, you can even rent a Lexus right at the hotel. Pool and spa facility superb. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
#1 of 144 in Portland
The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
Century Hotel
#2 of 2 in Tualatin

Been to Allison Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!