“"It Was An Amazing Wine Tour"”

Access Oregon Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 48 Food & Drink in Newberg
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer small, private, day wine tours in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. Our mission is to give you the best possible Oregon wine experience. We are experts at locating hidden gems, and knowing what's hot and what's overrated.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I would just like to piggy-back on Krysta P's review of the wine tour. It was a great day! My daughters and I truly enjoyed the entire day from pick-up at our hotel to drop-off at our evening destination. Chris could not have been more informative, entertaining or accommodating. We loved that he seemed to know lots of information about wine, the Willamette region and many of the local wineries, not to mention a local brewery or 2! We definitely packed in a full day, an loved how each new destination seemed to build on the previous experience. If you are looking for a wine tour with an informative wine tour guide, Chris is the perfect choice. We could not have made a better pick.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

After reading the reviews on tripadvisor I booked a tour with Chris and could not have asked for a better day! I wasn't sure what to expect when he picked us up from our hotel, but after a few minutes in the car I knew we were in excellent hands. I love that he doesn't do the exact same tour with everyone and that he took us to the smaller vineyards to taste wines that aren't available on the East Coast. He even added a brewery to the end of our tour after finding out my sister loves wine. Our tour with Chris was the highlight of our trip and we can't wait for another trip to Portland so we can go on another tour. If you're looking for a wine tour in the Willamette Valley, you should absolutely book it with Chris!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

A tour with Chris was one activity during a two-plus week tour in Washington and Oregon this summer. Since returning home and recounting our trip to family and friends, I inevitably hear myself saying, "the wine tour in the Willamette region of Oregon is the best thing we did," which is often swiftly followed by, "And our driver was so cool!"

It goes without saying that Chris's job title goes far beyond "driver" (e.g. wine expert, joke/winemaker, etc.), and my adjective of choice can be enhanced with several additional descriptors (e.g. knowledgeable, down-to-earth, ginormously tall). While he is arguably the B.F.G. of the Dundee hills, he also didn't dominate the conversation with wine stats and pretentious babble about tannins. He waited instead to figure out what we wanted to know, and then happily obliged a barrage of Google-style questioning on our part (e.g. "What percentage of all wine in the US is produced in Oregon?").

Probably our favorite aspect of the tour overall was how low-key and comfortable it was. Not once were we made to feel silly for our lack of wine know-how; in fact, Chris essentially told us to trust our palates and like what we like. That's the kind of anti-wine snobbery lingo I can appreciate. Moreover, it was easy to find wines we liked in Oregon, and we have since recommended both Willamette and Chris to many people on the east coast and back home in the Netherlands.

2  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We booked Chris a while ago. Much of that decision was based on reviews I read here on Tripadvisor. We were totally satisfied with Chris. Not only did he put together a good itinerary, he also made some good last minute changes based on what he learned about our tastes in wine. He was very knowledgeable about the wineries, the grapes they used the growing conditions and the terroir. Also, he does know a thing or two about local beer producers if you are interested. He is highly recommended without any reservations.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Chris did an excellent job of sharing his knowledge of the Dundee Hills APA and of the grape growing and winemaking techniques. He was affable, an active listener and made every part of the day special. After spending the day with Chris, our understanding of Pinot Noir and Oregon Chardonnay has been greatly enhanced. Chris being in the wine business himself allows him to give a unique perspective to the tour. We visited only boutique wineries which were very interesting. As a bonus, Chris took us to meet a local beer maker, where we tasted some terrific craft beer. We have taken a number our tours in wine regions and Chris provided us with the best experience thus far. When we return, Chris will be our guide.

1  Thank Elliot B