“Great full day birthday experience”

Cellar Door Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 48 Food & Drink in Newberg
More attraction details
Owner description: At Cellar Door Wine Tours we specialize in Oregon wine tours for couples and small groups that know each other. We'll customize your tour while visiting boutique wineries and hidden "Tasting Room Gems" dedicated to giving personal attention to their visitors as well, creating a spectacular wine tasting experience you won't soon forget!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great full day birthday experience”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Mark was an excellent tour guide and host. He's very familiar with wines and the various winery options and took us to some great ones. Combine that with a perfect summer day and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration with my wife. Mark even took us to our dinner reservations and picked us up after 10pm to get us safely back to our room. That's what I call a full day of service.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Randy G

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Two Days of Touring”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was our first trip to Oregon, and visiting the vineyards of Willamette Valley was a top priority. My husband and I are wine enthusiasts but this was our first opportunity to actually visit wineries so we knew we needed help with planning, not to mention driving. After researching on TripAdvisor and other sites, we decided on Cellar Door Wine Tours because they specialize in small groups, photography is included, and they provide dinner transportation. Visit their website, and you'll see that the focus is on providing a personalized experience for their clients. We're very pleased with our decision and we had a great time on our two days of touring.

I submitted an information request via the Cellar Door Wine Tours website and Helen called me to discuss our expectations and preferences. I told her a couple of favorites we wanted to visit but otherwise left the planning to them. We didn't have the time or inclination to spend hours researching wineries, so we left it to the experts!

Mark was our driver and guide both days. He was friendly and companionable without being overbearing. His knowledge of the region and the wineries was apparent and enhanced our experience.

Mark picked us up both days. He had a flexible itinerary in mind for each day, which he adapted seamlessly based on the pace that my husband and I set. We lingered at some wineries and were quicker at others, but we never felt rushed or as though we needed to slow down.

We visited several wineries that we had never heard of and certainly wouldn't have found on our own. One wasn't even open for tastings at that time of year, but Mark made arrangements for the owner to open for our visit. Meeting and learning from the owners of these smaller wineries was the most memorable aspect of our two days of wine touring.

Lunch was provided each day and the food was good. Mark also set out cheese and salumi for us, along with providing ample bottled water. We commented on how much we enjoyed the salumi, and Mark even took us to Red Hills Market so we could purchase some to bring home.

We took advantage of Cellar Door's dinner transportation on our second night. Mark delivered us safely to dinner and brought us back to our accommodations afterwards.

We purchased about three cases of wine during our tour, and Mark helped transfer it to the trunk of our rental car. He also provided recommendations about packing and shipping it.

The photography service was a big selling point for us, and we weren't disappointed. In addition to receiving a CD of photos, Mark also provided a photo DVD set to music. It sounds a little cheesy, but the DVD has already proven to be an effective way to show photos to friends and family without having to pass around a laptop or tablet. The quality of the photos is excellent; Mark definitely has an artist's eye and got some wonderful shots of the vineyards in addition to candid photos of my husband and me.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Cellar Door Wine Tours to anyone looking for a safe, fun way to explore the wineries of Willamette Valley. Helen and Mark will make sure you have a great time!

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“What a FUN day!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My friends and I took a wine tour and had such a great time. We learned about the winery area, types of wines, and did a lot of tasting. We stopped at 4 different wineries and had a blast at all of them. They were all very different from each other. We also had a wonderful picnic lunch in the middle of a vineyard which was absolutely perfect!

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Anniversary done right”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My hubby and I contacted Cellar Door because of a deal on Groupon. Having never gone on a wine tour before, we were excited. The tour and Mark's knowledge and preparation exceeded all our expectations, We were treated to a private tour that was beautiful and beyond enjoyable. It made our 20th anniversary that much more memorable. I highly recommend Mark and Helen and Cellar Door Wine Tours. We even got a DVD with pictures from our excursion. I can't recommend them enough.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Western Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Back-up Alarms on Their Vehicle”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Mark and Helen provide a sensational private wine tour experience. No Bus. No 12-passenger Vans. No Back-up Alarms on their vehicle that has a maximum capacity of 6. Cellar Door caters to smaller more intimate groups. We visited some small family owned wineries that go unnoticed in the larger tours we have taken before. Many of them don't even accept Limos, Buses or Vans and can be by appointment only. Highlights were Utopia, Aramenta and Lady Hill. You can work with Mark and Helen to design your tour or just leave it to them. A beautiful lunch in addition to some yummy cheese is provided in the cost. The best thing, after a day of wine tasting, Cellar Door will taking you to dinner and then come back and get you to your hotel safely. Oh, and at the end of the tour, they make a nice photo CD of your wine tasting experience.

Visited March 2014