“Great food, and friendly and fast service”
Review of Lago DE Chapala

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lago DE Chapala
Ranked #46 of 92 Restaurants in Newberg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I have been there a number of times and I can recommend a few dishes, especially the chicken Fajitas. I was surprised to have them brought to my table in a matter of minutes. That is the case with most of the dishes I've ordered.

Reviewed 15 October 2009

I love this place! Chips, chilies, tortillas, and a mix of meats in tasty sauces coupled with a happy staff and a TV tuned to soccer and the Mexican soaps... I couldn't call a place home unless there was a great Mexican Restaurant nearby with the requisite food, staff, and atmosphere... Lago's got it all. If you feel the same way, give this place a try.

1  Thank CoolGod
Reviewed 14 February 2009

I love the food at this restaurant. The food is great and everyone treats us like if we were family. I have never had a complaint about this fabulous restaurant. I have been to Lago De Chapala many times in my life and I have never had a bad experience. I don't think that the person that put the previous review is right about anything because I have NEVER had anything that was less then excellent!!! I would eat in this restaurant everyday if I could.

1  Thank pookie3171
Reviewed 21 May 2007

On May 18, 2007, I went for Mexican food at Lago De Chapala with my nephew. This was about the fifth time I have been here, it was about 12:30 pm and still during lunch rush.
I ordered a top shelf margarita, which was the worst I have ever had. It was so sour and tasted like it was just sweet and sour mix. I also ordered a steak fajita in which there was about 3 small pieces of steak, and there were mushrooms and it tasted sweet, it was not sizzling on a plate when brought to the table either.
I waited about 15 minutes and finally had to catch someone walking by to tell them it was not what I ordered, and the server went and got the manager or owner. He said yes that is a fajita, and I said it does not have very much steak and it has mushrooms, I also said the margarita was sour, he argued with me and walked off. I did not eat the food and only drank half the margarita. I know it was not a fajita, because when he put the fajita down at the table across from me and stated here is your fajita it was sizzling on the plate.
After he walked off the server came over and tossed down my bill, it was $17.25 and I did not even eat it.
I am 45 years old and this is probably the second time in my life I have complained about food. I am afraid they will do something to it so I usually just eat some and never go back.
I was unaware that I could refuse to pay for it, so I gave them my credit card; this is the first time I did not tip. However, I am very mad at the whole situation.
The owner or manager, whoever he is, did offer to do something for me next time, but I told him there would be no next time.
Fortunately, my sister is moving out of Newberg!
Good customer service is lacking, and I refuse to put up with it anymore.

Trip advisors where is the spell check?

1  Thank IRULE1322

Been to Lago DE Chapala? Share your experiences!