“Good location for wine tasting”

Best Western Newberg Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
New York City
“Good location for wine tasting”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I stayes here on a recent west coast trip. We used the hotel as a launching pad for wine tasting, and the location was excellent for this purpose. The hotel itself was simple, and the pretty much a no-frills place to stay. I had a few minor issues with the place. There was a college soccer team staying while we were there and they were not exactly a quiet bunch. Then again, neither was I back then. The gym is a waste. I tried running on the treadmill and I shorted out the entire room which went dark after 3 minutes of running.

A good place to stay if you want to explore the vinyards. If you just need a clean bed this should serve your purpose. Just dont expect too much.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mpdorf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hawaii
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This hotel was convenient and clean. It was going through some renovations which should be done by Thanksgiving. All the ground floor rooms were non-smoking so the corridor also did not smell of smoke. There is an indoor pool, an excercise room, and a laundry room. The breakfast is adequate and basic. There is not much variety but there was waffles. The rooms are far from the street so it was quiet. The parking lot is in the back of the hotel and was well lit and clean.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank T W
Spokane, WA
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We've stayed at this Best Western many times over the last 6 years and every time it is comfortable, clean, quiet, reasonable, and the staff are always very nice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Southern California
Reviewed 3 September 2011

With limited options for places to stay in Newberg / McMinnville Area, it served it's purpose. Opted for the larger "suite". Very strange TV placement such that the only direct view was if you stood where there was a 5' wall separating the sleeping area from the living area.

When checking in a pre -negotiated rate was not honored until I could provide a copy of an e-mail identifying the agreed to rate.

Decent indoor pool. Decent breakfast included. Best option was the Chinese restaurant across the street, Happy Family Chinese and American.

NOTE: About 5 days after we checked out a room exploded due to some extracurricular activity.

Room Tip: Get the suite - bigger.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2011

After a very bad experience at the Motel 6 in Mcminnville we had to find another place to stay. Without a reservation we drove until we stopped at this hotel in Newberg, went in and asked if they had a room available for one night, YES they did!!!!
Went we went up to the room and noticed the difference from the low life Motel 6 room to this elegant Best Western room. So much of a difference and only about twenty dollars more, we used the pool before bed and in the morning ate the breakfast they provided.
We also used the internet in the lobby to find our next destination and printed the directions on the printer next to the computer.
The only problem I encounted was the shower head sucked.
GREAT STAY, I WILL ALWAYS STAY AT A GREAT WESTERN.

Room Tip: Paying more will get you a better room and service
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
oregon city
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I appreciate the continental breakfast. I forgot my cell phone charger in room and it was promptly sent in the mail by the manager . Very helpful & friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Having read the mixed reviews I was not certain what to expect other than the large rooms.
Upon arrival to the hotel its appearance was not impressive but the area was clean. There seemed to be many parking spaces available. I was there early but my room was ready and the person behind the desk very pleasant. My room was beside the pool on the 1st floor but I found it quite quiet. Yes the room was large with spartan furnishings but included a small fridge and microwave which I appreciate. The TV was not LCD but functional and the wireless internet worked well. The rug in the room (and hallway) was clean and in good shape. The AC functioned well and the bed was comfortable. I had a great sleep.
I had an early departure and did not try out the breakfast although it was open at 6am. The person at front desk was nice enough to ask if I wanted something to go however. All in all a pleasant stay and I will return next time I'm in Newberg.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dagger_TO
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville

Been to Best Western Newberg Inn? Share your experiences!