“Friendly check-in, Good Value, Clean, & Close to George Fox University” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn

BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellingham, Washington
“Friendly check-in, Good Value, Clean, & Close to George Fox University”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

No complaints here. The man who checked us in was friendly and helpful. There are two floors to hotel. They have a swimming pool and hot tub, open until 11pm. The beds were comfortable and the pillows fluffy. The hotel backs up very close to private residences. They had nice back yards, but it was awkward to see that out the window. Not a big deal though, since we were only there to sleep. Breakfast had make your own waffles, biscuits, gravy, assorted breads, cereals, etc. Nothing to brag about but it was nice to have and a good value considering the hotel price. Will be trying Shilo Inn next time, just to compare. So check my review in late August.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Vancouver, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Definitely nothing fancy but it was clean and the staff were very helpful. Didn't have time for the complimentary breakfast but someone from my group who was also staying at the hotel said it was nothing to write home about. I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked because it seemed like every time anyone walked by the door I could hear every thing they said and feel every footstep. There was a family staying a few doors down and I could hear them pretty late into the night. I did like the fact that the room I stayed in had a sofa and coffee table area. I was a little disappointed that the room didn't have free wifi. I think this should be standard in all hotels. All in all, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
38135, Manager at BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for writing your review about our hotel. We would like to inform that we do have complementary WIFI & cable internet for all our guest at Newberg Inn. Extremely sorry that you could hear some noise in your room during your stay. We do serve biscuit, gravy, make your own hot waffle, scrambled eggs, yoghurt, cereals,oatmeal & pastry. Next time you are in town please stay with us and try our deluxe continental breakfast + Internet service -- they are complementary to all our guest.

Shalini Patel
Morro Bay, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

This was my wife's and I first time to Oregon, and I searched for an inexpensive hotel central to everything that we were going to do, and here we found it. For a 3 nights stay, having a mini suite with additional sitting area and micro/fridge was helpful. Breakfast items were satisfying, with breads, pastries, juices, cereal, and also hot "make your own" waffles helped fill us up for our daily travels. Having a stubborn non functioning a/c unit that kicked off more than stay on, Sarah (who checked us in) did everything in her power to try to get it to work, to no avail. After several attempts to get it to work, she offered for us to relocate rooms, but not before having us check out the other room to ensure the a/c unit was fully functional and to our liking, which it most definitely was. Every time we passed in the hall or interacted, she made sure to check in and ask how the room was doing, which showed she really cared about this potentially negative situation, and ensured it stayed positive which we appreciated.
The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. The decor is a little dated, but the rooms are kept very clean and meticulous.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I had to get a room here last minute. I had a 5-1/2lb dog with me and I am assuming the dog rooms are the smoking rooms and I was not informed of this fact. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and was miserable all night. When I had to wait for a ride I was informed the dog was not allowed in the lobby, this was very confusing to me as it is a Pet Friendly place?!?
The most upsetting is I signed to pay for $94 and was charged $112.34!!! What?!?!...as if $94 was not enough for the below average experience?!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sneedle
38135, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
First I would like to thank you for your buisiness. I would also like to apologize for any confusion there may be regarding your bill. The room rate for that night was 94.99, our pet fee is 10.00 and with the state lodging tax we come to the total of 112.34. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding regarding the room charges. I again apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to smoke smell, we were out of options for room assignment when you arrived and the smoking room is the backup pet room when we are heavily booked, which would have been explained to you upon arrival. If ever you are staying in any hotel and especially ours if you have any issue what-so ever please bring it the attenition of an associate so it can be addressed. I hope this explains everything to your satisfaction, I again thank you for your feedback, we will use it to guide us towards perfect service.

Nicholas Sprague
Front Desk
Best Western Newberg Inn
Port Orchard, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Check in and check out were seemless, breakfast was fine except breakfast room was too warm, bed was very comfortable and clean. I would of given it excellent but as I sat at my computer at the working desk in the room I looked up and there is a floral painting with a vase which has unclothed men on it. Now I am not a prued by anymeans, but this hotel is family friendly and recommended by the local Christian University so I think the hotel should rethink the artwork!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank norenebeaver
38135, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for the comment and suggestion. We will look at the artwork and work accordingly on same. Once again thank you for taking out time and reviewing us. Appreciate your feed back and hope to see you soon at our property during your next visit.

Shalini Patel
503-537-3000
Sheridan, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed 1 night on 1/1/12

Everything was more than adequate. The staff at check-in, check-out, breakfast and in the hallways were courteous and friendly. Had no problem getting an extra hour for check-out so our kids could enjoy the pool a bit more after we ate our breakfast.

The GOOD: staff, cleanliness, the price ($72 for 2 adults/2 kids/1 dog on a Sunday night), breakfast, location, pool, hot tub, sauna (pre-heat for 30 minutes if it hasn't been used), selection of channels, dog walk area

The BAD: ice machine on 2nd floor was broken

The UGLY: nothing

Overall I would most definetly recommend this hotel to others, and would not hesitate to use it again if needed.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk staff at check-in, they'll get you what you need depending on availability. I...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
38135, Manager at BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you for taking out time and letting us know about our customer service. Appreciate your comments.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

First off I went back and forth about wether to rate this place as average or very good. I ended up choosing very good and I'll tell you why. Currently my husband and I are staying with my parents while we wait to close on our new home. So every other weekend we take off to a motel/hotel to get away and get some privacy. When I read the reviews people had left on other trip sites they'd rated the place low. So the first time around we didn't stay, but when we did we were pleasantly surpised. The staff are very friendly and helpful. When she offered us the first floor I asked if we'd have someone above us and the woman checking us in was nice enough to move us away from everything. The room was rather large, clean and had all the basic features you'd expect in a motel. In my opinion the only thing I'd change was how firm the bed was. Other than that..if you're passing through and need somewhere affordable to stay, I'd choose this place over Travelodge.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want and they seem to be willing to accomodate. If you ask for the second leve...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
38135, Manager at BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
On behalf of best western newberg inn, i would like to extend our thanks to you for just a positive feed back. We strive for superior customer care and glad you were appreciative about the same. Thank you for staying with us and giving us chance to serve you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
BEST WESTERN Wilsonville Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville

Been to BEST WESTERN Newberg Inn? Share your experiences!