“Nice clean hotel in good location”

Best Western Newberg Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
Seattle
“Nice clean hotel in good location”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Efficient and friendly check-in. Room was quite and clean. AC worked great on a recent 100 degree day. Pool and spa were nice. I liked the breakfast as it saved time and money from going somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Manchester, NH
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Good - great housekeeping in the room; good mattress; quiet room; microwave and refrigerator; ok but not super water pressure in the shower.
Bad - not so good housekeeping in the hallways and everywhere else; windows to the pool were filthy; breakfast area was miserable and depressing facing an outside wall with nothing in the room to make it charming or inviting; food was awful; front desk area lacks any comfort and is depressing looking; no elevators; staff are weird; view from room overlooked a liquor store and motion lights went on and off all night.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
On behalf of our best western trip i apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay at our property. We strive for superior customer care and service, however it seems we failed in delivery you the same.

We will really appreicate if you will give us another chance as during your stay last time our property was undergoing some renovations in guest room. We will be done with project soon and we take pride in mainitaining our property to the best.

Regarding breakfast room we will work with decor to make it more pleasing.

Thank you for the suggestions and will appreciate if you will give us chance and stay with in near future.

503-537-3000
Rockwell, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This hotel is fairly clean and reasonably priced, but there are some major problems. The least of which is the internet access. The internet is slow when it works and times out about every ten minutes on a bad day and every twenty on a good one. Uploading or downloading files or PowerPoint presentations requires great patience and you can forget about streaming movies or playing video games online. There is a public computer and printer, but, as I was printing off a presentation for the following day, the printer ran out of paper. Luckily, the perfectly nice young man at the front desk didn't have anymore paper for the printer, but did look up a Walgreen's which was very close by. So I had to drive to Walgreen's and buy the paper for a public printer myself. The decor is outdated and the TVs in the suites are located directly in front of a dividing wall making it difficult to watch TV from the couch or the bed. The comforters are also extremely thin. Good water pressure though!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
38135, General Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
I am extremely sorry about your internet experiance at our hotel. We are working on the wireless system with frontier and this week the project will be done. However we do have hard wire internet connection in all our rooms. Sorry you had to go through such a hassel and hope you will give us another chance with updated wireless facility.

Once again i apologize for not exceeding your expectation. If i can be of any assistanc please feel free to call us at 503-537-3000.

Sincerely
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 19 May 2012

No complaints here. The man who checked us in was friendly and helpful. There are two floors to hotel. They have a swimming pool and hot tub, open until 11pm. The beds were comfortable and the pillows fluffy. The hotel backs up very close to private residences. They had nice back yards, but it was awkward to see that out the window. Not a big deal though, since we were only there to sleep. Breakfast had make your own waffles, biscuits, gravy, assorted breads, cereals, etc. Nothing to brag about but it was nice to have and a good value considering the hotel price. Will be trying Shilo Inn next time, just to compare. So check my review in late August.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Definitely nothing fancy but it was clean and the staff were very helpful. Didn't have time for the complimentary breakfast but someone from my group who was also staying at the hotel said it was nothing to write home about. I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked because it seemed like every time anyone walked by the door I could hear every thing they said and feel every footstep. There was a family staying a few doors down and I could hear them pretty late into the night. I did like the fact that the room I stayed in had a sofa and coffee table area. I was a little disappointed that the room didn't have free wifi. I think this should be standard in all hotels. All in all, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
38135, Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for writing your review about our hotel. We would like to inform that we do have complementary WIFI & cable internet for all our guest at Newberg Inn. Extremely sorry that you could hear some noise in your room during your stay. We do serve biscuit, gravy, make your own hot waffle, scrambled eggs, yoghurt, cereals,oatmeal & pastry. Next time you are in town please stay with us and try our deluxe continental breakfast + Internet service -- they are complementary to all our guest.

Morro Bay, California
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This was my wife's and I first time to Oregon, and I searched for an inexpensive hotel central to everything that we were going to do, and here we found it. For a 3 nights stay, having a mini suite with additional sitting area and micro/fridge was helpful. Breakfast items were satisfying, with breads, pastries, juices, cereal, and also hot "make your own" waffles helped fill us up for our daily travels. Having a stubborn non functioning a/c unit that kicked off more than stay on, Sarah (who checked us in) did everything in her power to try to get it to work, to no avail. After several attempts to get it to work, she offered for us to relocate rooms, but not before having us check out the other room to ensure the a/c unit was fully functional and to our liking, which it most definitely was. Every time we passed in the hall or interacted, she made sure to check in and ask how the room was doing, which showed she really cared about this potentially negative situation, and ensured it stayed positive which we appreciated.
The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. The decor is a little dated, but the rooms are kept very clean and meticulous.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I had to get a room here last minute. I had a 5-1/2lb dog with me and I am assuming the dog rooms are the smoking rooms and I was not informed of this fact. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and was miserable all night. When I had to wait for a ride I was informed the dog was not allowed in the lobby, this was very confusing to me as it is a Pet Friendly place?!?
The most upsetting is I signed to pay for $94 and was charged $112.34!!! What?!?!...as if $94 was not enough for the below average experience?!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sneedle
38135, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
First I would like to thank you for your buisiness. I would also like to apologize for any confusion there may be regarding your bill. The room rate for that night was 94.99, our pet fee is 10.00 and with the state lodging tax we come to the total of 112.34. I hope this clears up the misunderstanding regarding the room charges. I again apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to smoke smell, we were out of options for room assignment when you arrived and the smoking room is the backup pet room when we are heavily booked, which would have been explained to you upon arrival. If ever you are staying in any hotel and especially ours if you have any issue what-so ever please bring it the attenition of an associate so it can be addressed. I hope this explains everything to your satisfaction, I again thank you for your feedback, we will use it to guide us towards perfect service.

Nicholas Sprague
Front Desk
Best Western Newberg Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Shilo Inn Suites Newberg - Oregon
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
Best Western Wilsonville Inn & Suites
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville

Been to Best Western Newberg Inn? Share your experiences!