“Surprisingly nice place to stay”

Best Western Newberg Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newberg
North Bend, Oregon
“Surprisingly nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Don't be turned off by the busy road (99) and strip mall environment. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2-night stay. We walked to good restaurants and returned to our large room and jacuzzi tub. The indoor swimming pool was clean and not too cold. The morning's continental breakfast was adequate. We'd definitely stay here again if our travel plans take us to this area.

Room Tip: If you can swing the extra bucks, choose a king, jacuzzi room. There's a small sitting area and...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Boise
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

We're parents of a George Fox University student, so travel to Newberg often. This is a nice, simple hotel. The service is great from Nicholas -- we were in a bind, and he really went the extra mile to get us the room we wanted. Very informative, competent, and pleasant to talk to. The breakfast is adequate -- love the do-it-yourself waffles, and enjoy the eggs and biscuits and gravy. I wish the selection was better, but I realize that this is a budget hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Nick at the front desk is personable and very helpful. I left my special pillow behind and he found it and is mailing it to me. We did see a couple of ants in the shower. The breakfast area was clean but it was the basic, basic fare. There were bananas, oranges, and apples though. Tv in the bedroom didn't receive some of the channels clearly. Bed cover was a sheet then a thin blanket and topped with a sheet. I suppose I prefer that to one of those tacky, scratchy, and not always cleaned comforters. Good price, nice staff, not horrible rooms.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank officiallymorris
38135, Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Thank you for writing review about our hotel. We really appreicate your effort.
We have mailed your pillow yesterday by USPS.

Shalini Patel
La Jolla, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

We were passing through the Willamette Valley and only needed a room before heading off to the Portland airport the next morning. Our room at the back of the building was spacious and quiet. Nothing special but with a AAA discount, it was a cheap night's sleep. This is not one of Best Western's best properties but it was clean, quiet and affordable. We spent our money on a lovely dinner at nearly The Painted Lady instead of on the fancy hotel in town. Just the right allocation of resources for us!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Three weeks ago, I did a reservation through my agency and specified a non-smoking room. I got a written confirmation for a non-smoking room for three nights. After driving for almost 8 hours, we were given an smoking room. I thought it was an honest mistake so i went to speak to the front desk attendant.

She looked and said smoking room was all she had available for us. I am allergic to cigarette and did not want to spend one more minute with the strong smell. i specified I booked a non-smoking room ONCE again.

She said she could give me one night in a non-smoking, but tomorrow, she was going to ask me to leave the hotel or stay with the smokers section. I refused to stay in an smoking room. She basically said "well, that's your problem and if you don't like it, we'll remove your belongings from the room".

I asked her to try to correct. She insisted if i didn't check out tomorrow, she'll forcely remove all my belongings and check me out.

I called the central reservation centre and they said that wasn't their problem. They offered me to sleep in a smoking room... or leave if i wasn't unhappy. She repeated: "that's your problem, not mine. "

They were abusive and threatening, disrispectful. I don't recommend anyone to stay here. I called my agency and they sent the hotel the written confirmation to prove our request for a non-smoking.

Best Western said for me to file a complain and stop bothering... this is not their problem. They did not honor reservations and they mixed the information and bullied us when we wanted them to correct it for good.

Never had any issues with a hotel like this... the lady at the front-desk made us feel horrible, threatened like in a horror movie.

Red Lions, Holiday Inn.. name it... never had any hotel threatening to throw my staff out after i had a written confirmation.

Seems is not the first time they give smoking room to non-smokers... other complains in this site mention how they impose this health hazard to their guests.

Having so many hotels in this area, I would highly recommend you seek a different option, unless you can afford and would be able to handle the stress of your hotel throwing your belonging away...

What an stressful and scary situation.

Room Tip: make sure you call ahead and ask for a non-smoking room otherwise they may give it to you. Like it o...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Kat R
38135, General Manager at Best Western Newberg Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
On behalf of best western I apologize for inconvenience during your stay at best western newberg inn.

The reservation was online reservation made by you for smoking room and as the hotel was full on weekend upon your arrival when you requested for non smoking room we were not able to change the resrevation to nonsmoking room through out the stay. We have apologized to you during your stay and always best western international did on our behalf after researching your reservation and found out that you had reserved smoking room for your stay.

Once again we apologized for the inconvenience.
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

We booked through Hotwire planning for shopping spree to the outlets in Woodburn not knowing what we were going to get and loved the hotel. Friendly staff, super clean, nice bed linens and comfy beds and pillows. The kids loved the pool and it was clean as well. ( not something we can say about all the pools we've seen on this trip). Wifi worked great only thing though is only one device at a time so my wife and I had to take turns to log in with our phones.

Breakfast, a self-served cafeteria style was decent. Waffle machine was great.
All well rested and ready for a day of shopping!

Also highly recommend the Ohana Buffet restaurant nearby.

• Stayed August 2012
oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I was surprised by some of the other reviews - my family and I found this place very comfy and clean. Very nice for a one-night stay passing thru. The continental breakfast was pretty decent in my opinion - they actually offered hot food such as fresh-made waffles (delicious) and basic scrambled eggs etc. Saved us a $40 breakfast out, so I found it a good value. Staff was helpful to all our needs and we had a restful night. Would stay again - I have stayed in the Shilo and liked this experience much better.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you, ask for a room closer to the parking lot (it's in the rear)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberg
Shilo Inn Suites - Newberg
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Wilsonville Inn & Suites
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville

Been to Best Western Newberg Inn? Share your experiences!