Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$155
La Quinta
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$216
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
1,178 results
All reviewssalmon chowdercookiespilot lightnye beachgas fireplaceoregon coastcovered parkingeach eveningceiling fanprivate balconygreat viewkeurig coffee makerocean viewbreakfast roomyogurtbiscuits and gravycomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My mother and I stayed here for our one night on the Oregon coast. Newport was a perfect choice and the Inn is THE place to stay in the city. The rooms are absolutely amazing and we could not believe the amenities that were included in our price-our room had an ocean view (we slept to the sound of waves), fireplace, robes, nice bathroom, and it was large. The hotel offers free secure parking, free salmon chowder, free cookies, and a free breakfast buffet. The beach is very nice and you can easily walk on it and the access route is only a minute away.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Echoing other reviewers' comments on the hotel itself -- Beautiful rooms, Mesmerizing ocean views, and the free Smoked Salmon Chowder is super yummy...
but I want to take a minute to brag on the staff.
Here is the situation I found myself in on Monday 1/31, I had lost my rental car keys somewhere in the room and could NOT, for the life of me, find them. After listening to my problem and putting in a call for a taxi just in case, the front desk supervisor gathered up a maintenance fella, went up to my room, and tore it apart. YEP! They found the keys, cancelled the taxi, and I made it to my business meeting on time. As I pulled out of the parking area, I was literally tearing up with gratitude. How fabulous is THAT for customer focus????
I don't know when I'm likely to be returning to the Oregon Coast again; but when I do, I sure know where I'm going to stay. Elizabeth Street Inn! :-)

Room Tip: no bad rooms that i could tell -- they are all facing the Pacific.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Lela232, General Manager at Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Thank you for sharing this story with us. I had not been made aware of the situation until I read your review. I have always felt we are blessed to have an excellent, accommodating staff, but stories like this really warm my heart! I am so happy that our maintenance person was able to find your keys and lower your stress level! Hope your meeting went well, too.

We will certainly look forward to serving you again if you ever make it back to Newport.

Thanks again,

Lela

Reviewed 30 January 2012

It is right on the beach. Every room has a balcony with chairs. The rooms have gas fireplaces and flat screen tvs for stormy evenings. Within walking distance of several restaurants. They serve smoked salmon chowder in the lobby as well as warm cookies in the evening. Your stay includes breakfast, which is less than exciting.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the most recently renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2012

...both inside and out. The 'standard' room with two queens is lovely. There is a gas fireplace, fridge, microwave and coffee maker, with a small couch. The balcony is big enough for the little table and two patio chairs provided (weather permitting)., and the view is wonderful. I found the room to be clean and nicely furnished. The amenities (shampoo, lotion, etc.) were a step above what I usually find in similar hotels in Newport.

This was my first stay at the Elizabeth Street Inn, and won't be my last. The only down side is that there is no on-site eatery. Georgie's (at the Hallmark Inn) is just down the street, and Nye beach is a longer stroll away.

Winter rates are very competitive with surrounding hotels, making this my new favorite Newport hotel.

Staff at the desk were very professional and helpful.

The only down side was the tiny breakfast room. The selection was good, but it is such a small space, I had to wait for a table!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is as good a hotel as you are going to find in Newport. Great rooms, great view of the ocean, and great staff, but a couple of drawbacks. First, there's no restaurant or bar. The closest places to eat or drink are down the street at either the Shilo or the Hallmark. Avoid both at all costs. Georgie's at the Hallmark is rated as the best restaurant in Newport. That is not saying much for dining in a city that should have great restaurants. Second, the Elizabeth Inn has what is beyond a doubt the world's slowest elevator. Fortunately, the place is only four stories, so the stairs are an option for most people. If you can't do stairs, be prepared to wait and wait and wait for the elevator.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business