This week my daughter celebrated her 21st birthday. Her wish? Not Vegas, not Seattle, Not Sedona...but a quiet trip to the beach with her Mom (insert happy Mom smile here). Her grandfather had always stayed here when attending business trips to Toledo, OR, so I thought we would give it a try. What I did not anticipate was how much we would enjoy or stay. Truly our only disappointment was that we only went for one night.
Upon entering our room we both said in unison "It's smells so good!" The room was clean, had the amenities we needed and every room has an ocean view....we were on the first floor and were not disappointed. Private balcony for every room with patio chairs, gas fireplace, microwave, hairdryer, Keurig coffee maker, complimentary bath robes for use while staying there (I've been to 5 star resorts that don't even have that).
The front desk was extremely helpful in suggesting a fun and different place to have dinner and cocktails...aside from what we normally do when visiting Newport. We visited a great Irish Pub in nearby Nye Beach called Nana's Irish Pub. That's another review! LOVED IT! Elizabeth Street Inn offers nightly Salmon Chowder at 5pm in the lobby (YUM!) and fresh baked cookies at 8pm (we were already comfy in bed at that time after having a nightly swim and rest in the Jacuzzi). **Caveat: Laying in bed watching the sun go down!**
Continental breakfast the next day included waffles, bacon, biscuits and gravy and scrambled egg patties (wasn't the greatest eggs)...not a good variety of fresh fruit, but no big deal. **Caveat: I brought breakfast to my daughter in bed so we could sip coffee and watch the beach wake up!"
The one downfall, although was not a deal breaker, is that the plumbing system is quite noisy. If you love your roommate try not to use the facilities in the middle of the night.....and pray that your neighbors don't use theirs either.
Looking forward to taking my husband for a few nights!!! Thank you Elizabeth Street Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the warmth and quiet comfort of the Elizabeth Street Inn with all oceanfront rooms. Ideal for couples, families and even limited dog friendly rooms for you and your four legged best friend. Located high on a bluff overlooking the beach, the Elizabeth is within walking distance of distinctive dining, galleries and shopping of historic Nye Beach, the Newport Performing Arts Center, an historic lighthouse and miles of Oregon's pristine beaches and tide pools. The Oregon Coast Aquarium, golf, fishing and many other area atrractions are close by.Just a few things you can expect from the Elizabeth Street Inn, all oceanfront rooms with a fireplace and balcony. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet, seasonal smoked salmon chowder appetizer, nightly fresh baked cookies in our lobby at night. Indoor oceanfront salt water pool, jacuzzi spa and exercise room. Meeting room, business service center and complimentary wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elizabeth Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Street Hotel Newport
- Elizabeth Street Newport
- Elizabeth Inn Newport Oregon
- Elizabeth Street Inn Newport, Oregon