We stayed here two nights in June and while this is not a bad hotel, we did have some problems. It is especially disappointing because this could be a great hotel. All of the rooms have an ocean view, with a balcony, that does not disappoint with its commanding views of the Pacific. Also, all of the rooms have many extras. The king bed rooms include a fireplace and couch in the living room area and a microwave and a refrigerator. There is a separate sink area outside the bathroom.
Parking is below the hotel in a covered garage and we felt that the hot breakfast was good and had a lot of options. There is no air conditioning but we did not need it the two nights we stayed here. I don't think it usually gets very warm on the Oregon coast even in the middle of the summer. The first night we were there it was downright freezing (in Mid June). The second night was warmer but you still needed a jacket at night.
Our biggest complaint about the room was the toilet . The flush mechanism on the toilet sounded like a Mack Truck. This means if you went to the bathroom at night and flushed you would not only wake up whoever was in your room but in the room next door as well.
The other problem we had was our room location the first night. They placed us on the third floor, right across from the elevator, which was bad enough but the breakfast room is also located on the third floor, next to the elevator. Why anyone would design a hotel with the breakfast area right across from the rooms is beyond me. Sure enough, as soon as breakfast was served (6 A.M.), it was impossible to sleep with breakfast going on right outside our door. After we complained, the hotel did move us down the hallway. Therefore, if staying here, avoid rooms 314-326 at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located high on a bluff overlooking miles of the Oregon coast's pristine beaches and the vast Pacific Ocean, the Elizabeth is the ultimate destination for your escape from the everyday. It is one of the finest hotels on the Oregon coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Street Hotel Newport
- Elizabeth Street Newport
- Elizabeth Street Inn
- Elizabeth Inn Newport Oregon
- Elizabeth Oceanfront Suites Newport, Oregon