My wife and I have stayed here previously, numerous times. Our previous stays have always been excellent, as indicated here on Trip Advisor with so many positive reviews.
However, with this recent weekend stay for two nights, we had less than an excellent experience. Not sure if there's been a change in ownership or management, but there were definitely a few negatives that cropped up, which haven't in the past...
(1) Major carpet stains in our room 114...I know a hotel can't always avoid this, but because everything has been so impeccably clean with our previous Elizabeth Street Inn stays, this unfortunately stood out.
(2) In bathroom, where shower / tub met tile floor, horrible mildew stain in the grout line.
(3) No emphasis on cleaning up the balcony hand rail where sea gulls and other birds naturally "do their business".
(4) No glasses re-stocked on day two. (Also, while it is easier to go with plastic and styrofoam glasses and cups, not very upscale...I know some hotels do it, which is fine, but at $150 + price point, I'd expect real glasses and real coffee mugs.)
Anyway, that's it. All of these items above are admittedly small when looked at on a "per item" basis, but when strewn together over a couple days, they add up.
Overall, due to the ES Inn's excellent location, and due to the lack of 3 1/2 star hotels ocean front in Newport, I still think the ES Inn is a good choice for someone going to Newport ....the views are incredible, the proximity to Nye Beach is perfect, and the rooms are still above average. This most recent stay just wasn't as good as before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy the warmth and quiet comfort of the Elizabeth Street Inn with all oceanfront rooms. Ideal for couples, families and even limited dog friendly rooms for you and your four legged best friend. Located high on a bluff overlooking the beach, the Elizabeth is within walking distance of distinctive dining, galleries and shopping of historic Nye Beach, the Newport Performing Arts Center, an historic lighthouse and miles of Oregon's pristine beaches and tide pools. The Oregon Coast Aquarium, golf, fishing and many other area atrractions are close by.Just a few things you can expect from the Elizabeth Street Inn, all oceanfront rooms with a fireplace and balcony. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet, seasonal smoked salmon chowder appetizer, nightly fresh baked cookies in our lobby at night. Indoor oceanfront salt water pool, jacuzzi spa and exercise room. Meeting room, business service center and complimentary wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elizabeth Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Street Hotel Newport
- Elizabeth Street Newport
- Elizabeth Inn Newport Oregon
- Elizabeth Street Inn Newport, Oregon