My family stayed here during the 2013 Labor Day weekend. It was a last minute thing. I compared prices from several travel websites but then found a good deal from Shilo Inn website. I was a bit skeptical at first, especially after reading some of the negative reviews. But then decided to book this hotel anyway due to its location to the beach. We got our room in Building D, which apparently the newer building, with spacious clean room & beach view (though the website said 'partial view'). After our first day, the kids begged to stay longer, so we added another night there.In the morning, it felt like we were in a private beach with gorgeous view of the ocean.
Even though the stairs to the beach was a little steep, (about 90 something steps...;-)) but it was worth it! Oh, they also have 2 indoor pools, the kids loved it.
We definitely will stay in this hotel again & highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Begin your Oregon Coast excursion with a stay at the full service Shilo Inn Suites Oceanfront Hotel in Newport. This ocean front hotel features 179 beautifully appointed guestrooms, each with a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean, south jetty and to the north, the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. Children 17 and under always stay free with an adult at Shilo Inns. Dogs welcome with nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shilo Inn Hotel Oceanfront
- Shilo Inn Newport
- Newport Shilo Inn
- Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport Oregon