“Perfectly fine”

Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Newport
BALTIMORE
“Perfectly fine”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I am perplexed by some of the negative reviews. I stayed in the cheapest room and thought it was fine except for the smallish TV and slightly sticky faucets. You can walk to Georgie's for a great meal (make sure to get the marionberry crisp).

Stayed January 2014
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Walter S
Thank you for joining us at the Newport Shilo during your recent travels to the Central Oregon Coast. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback on your stay with us and suggestions on areas to address. We enjoyed having you as our guests and hope to see you again in the future.
Mike Willock, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montana
Reviewed 1 January 2014

All rooms have an ocean view, with access to the beach right on the property. Our room had 2 queens and was extremely comfortable. The atmosphere is quiet, with only the surf to create a very peaceful experience. The rooms and facility are clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. It's an easy walk to Historic Nye District. This was a tremendous value. We will return!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear crankshaft61,
Thank you for offering your enjoyable feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Shilo Inn Suites Newport. Having our location nestled atop the ocean bluff gives our guests a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a great coastal atmosphere and I am glad you experienced that. I am happy to hear that you found us of value and we look forward to having you join us again in the near future.

Mike Willock General Manager
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here on the first night of our Pacific Coast Highway trip. An older but clean and well kept hotel with a couple nice restaurants in a town that has everything you need. All the rooms appear to be ocean view, and yes you can walk down to the beach, but I must warn you its about 90 steps down (and back up). If you are short-winded or handicapped you will have a problem. One thing I noticed is that this was the only hotel in a strip of hotels on the beach that did not have rooms with balconies.
A WORD FOR THE WISE: The beaches and ocean on the Oregon coast are not places where you will be swimming or sunbathing. The weather is usually brisk and the water is cold. But don't let that stop you if you want to see the natural beauty of the ocean in a setting that has not changed for thousands of years. You can hunt for sea shells with no crowds and take in the mesmerizing sound of the never ending waves.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are ocean view, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cantstayhome
Dear cantstayhome,
It is great to hear that you were able to launch your road trip here with us at the Newport Shilo. Having beach access is certainly a nice option from the hotel, but I must say I take advantage of the half way bench each time I use them. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Mike Willock General Manager
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Not too much exciting to say other than being on the ocean. Price for room seemed to be a premium one for the quality of the lodging. We stayed here in the past and last summer chose to try it again when in Newport for my wife's birthday. Sadly, it was not what we had remembered. Bathroom was not clean (hand grime buildup on door which I was able to scrub off with washcloth and water) and overall furnishings dated. Bed was mediocre. For the cost, you can do better. We have already made reservations for another stay in Newport and have passed on the Shilo for that upcoming trip.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WmMorris1960
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear WmMorris1960,

I appreciate your return visit to our property in Newport Oregon and I value your feedback in regards to your recent stay. I will make sure to reiterate the importance of cleanliness to my team and will work to ensure these items are not overlooked. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My family stayed here during the 2013 Labor Day weekend. It was a last minute thing. I compared prices from several travel websites but then found a good deal from Shilo Inn website. I was a bit skeptical at first, especially after reading some of the negative reviews. But then decided to book this hotel anyway due to its location to the beach. We got our room in Building D, which apparently the newer building, with spacious clean room & beach view (though the website said 'partial view'). After our first day, the kids begged to stay longer, so we added another night there.In the morning, it felt like we were in a private beach with gorgeous view of the ocean.
Even though the stairs to the beach was a little steep, (about 90 something steps...;-)) but it was worth it! Oh, they also have 2 indoor pools, the kids loved it.
We definitely will stay in this hotel again & highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for Building D, the newer building.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Vratu,

It is great to hear that your family enjoyed a wonderful Labor Day Weekend with us here at the Shilo Inn Oceanfront Resort in Newport Oregon. I truly appreciate you taking the time to offer your experience during your stay and we look forward to having you and your family join us again for another great beach getaway.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My Fiance went on a road trip down Highway 101 it was the best road trip we stoped in, Newport Or and stayed at Shilo Inn beach front the motel is a nice place our room was very clean we ate at the shilo restaurant the food was good the only down fall was it was a little hike down the steps to the beach but all in all I would highlly recommend this hotel and we would stay here again

• Stayed October 2013
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Angie S,

It is wonderful to hear about your Highway 101 adventure and that the Newport Oceanfront Shilo Inn was able to be a great addition in your trip. Having an incredible view of the Pacific Ocean is certainly a reward for anyone traveling to the Oregon Coast and I am happy we provided you with a memorable experience. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you and your family join for many visits to come.

Best regards,

Newport
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It was a nice clean room. Great view and the food was really good. The staff there where very friendly. The beach access was a little steep but it was worth the hike to get to the beach. I really don't have much else to say. Why do we have to have 200 characters?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Dean P,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to offer this positive feedback on your stay here at the Newport Shilo Inn on the Oregon Coast. I am happy you were provided with a great experience from both my hotel and restaurant staff and I will certainly pass this message along to them. We thank you again for staying with us and I hope to have you join us again in the future.

Best regards,