“Family trip gone wrong”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I recently went to this motel with my family and brothers family the guy at the front desk was very rude about my brothers shirt we asked for conjoined rooms and we got side by side rooms with no entry into each other the TVA were old and no balcony we went down to the front desk and the old guy working there started literally yelling at my brothers wife very un professional and the rooms were just okay not nearly worth the price

Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Jarrellbrad
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Jarrellbrad,
I would like to offer my deepest apologies regarding this matter and to let you know I have personally addressed this issue. Our goal is to create an enjoyable and relaxing experience for our guests and again I apologize that we did not deliver this during your stay.
Mike Willock

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We usually stay at Elizabeth Inn and Hallmark been told not to stay at Shilo now I know why room not clean looked clean... house keeping isn't doing their job unless you wipe around things...beds are like plywood hurt the next morning.....needs major up date...their was like a generator running all night or fan.....Took a wash cloth and wiped room down... showed the front desk and they said glad you enjoyed your stay...really.......147.00

Room Tip: Check trip advisor I defiantly will follow people......
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WebberFamily
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear WebberFamily,
Thank you for taking the time to offer this feedback during your family’s recent stay here in Newport. I appreciate you pointing these items out and will work with my housekeeping department to ensure cleanliness is their number one priority.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The view was great. Even though no complimentary breakfast the breakfast cafe onsite was quick and good.

The room was old, a little bit of mold near the ceiling of the bathroom, and the TV was small (but I didn't spend more than 1 night so who really cares). The biggest frustration was being over charged 5.00. I had to call and explain my case to the desk agent. They did fix it without too much headahce and not a really major deal (just the principle of the matter).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ddd771

Dear ddd771,
We are happy that you stayed with us during you trip to the Oregon Coast and were able to enjoy the great views from the hotel. I am sorry there was some confusion with your bill, but relieved to hear it was taken care of by my team. We hope to see you again in the future to enjoy another night in Newport
Mike Willock, General Manager

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I am perplexed by some of the negative reviews. I stayed in the cheapest room and thought it was fine except for the smallish TV and slightly sticky faucets. You can walk to Georgie's for a great meal (make sure to get the marionberry crisp).

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Walter S
Thank you for joining us at the Newport Shilo during your recent travels to the Central Oregon Coast. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback on your stay with us and suggestions on areas to address. We enjoyed having you as our guests and hope to see you again in the future.
Mike Willock, General Manager

Reviewed 1 January 2014

All rooms have an ocean view, with access to the beach right on the property. Our room had 2 queens and was extremely comfortable. The atmosphere is quiet, with only the surf to create a very peaceful experience. The rooms and facility are clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. It's an easy walk to Historic Nye District. This was a tremendous value. We will return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear crankshaft61,
Thank you for offering your enjoyable feedback on your recent stay with us here at the Shilo Inn Suites Newport. Having our location nestled atop the ocean bluff gives our guests a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a great coastal atmosphere and I am glad you experienced that. I am happy to hear that you found us of value and we look forward to having you join us again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed here on the first night of our Pacific Coast Highway trip. An older but clean and well kept hotel with a couple nice restaurants in a town that has everything you need. All the rooms appear to be ocean view, and yes you can walk down to the beach, but I must warn you its about 90 steps down (and back up). If you are short-winded or handicapped you will have a problem. One thing I noticed is that this was the only hotel in a strip of hotels on the beach that did not have rooms with balconies.
A WORD FOR THE WISE: The beaches and ocean on the Oregon coast are not places where you will be swimming or sunbathing. The weather is usually brisk and the water is cold. But don't let that stop you if you want to see the natural beauty of the ocean in a setting that has not changed for thousands of years. You can hunt for sea shells with no crowds and take in the mesmerizing sound of the never ending waves.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are ocean view, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cantstayhome

Dear cantstayhome,
It is great to hear that you were able to launch your road trip here with us at the Newport Shilo. Having beach access is certainly a nice option from the hotel, but I must say I take advantage of the half way bench each time I use them. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Not too much exciting to say other than being on the ocean. Price for room seemed to be a premium one for the quality of the lodging. We stayed here in the past and last summer chose to try it again when in Newport for my wife's birthday. Sadly, it was not what we had remembered. Bathroom was not clean (hand grime buildup on door which I was able to scrub off with washcloth and water) and overall furnishings dated. Bed was mediocre. For the cost, you can do better. We have already made reservations for another stay in Newport and have passed on the Shilo for that upcoming trip.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WmMorris1960
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear WmMorris1960,

I appreciate your return visit to our property in Newport Oregon and I value your feedback in regards to your recent stay. I will make sure to reiterate the importance of cleanliness to my team and will work to ensure these items are not overlooked. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Mike Willock