“Last ditch option”
Review of Motel 6 Newport

Motel 6 Newport
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The staff was alright. Free muffins are served between 7:30-8:30am. Rooms were pretty gross. Furniture had dog hair and white stains all over. Some rooms were unable to get wifi. Spa was convieniently out of service. I wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy. We stayed here not out of choice. It was the only place in town left with a room and now we know why. Try and bring your own pillows+blankets if you have to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank IrfanS

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was surprised when we went back to the Inn at Yaquina Bay:
The "breakfast" consisted of coffee (no decaf) and stale Costco muffins, cut into quarters.
The "breakfast" was served from 7:30 to 8:30 AM
The hallways smell.
Costs $3 to rent a DVD, what's with that? Red Box is only $1
The sheets were so thin that we could see through them to the mattress which was not comfortable.
The towels were cheap and very scratchy. They were about the size of a hand towel in another hotel.
The price should have been $59/night or less. Way overpriced for what we got.
Management just doesn't seem to care!

Room Tip: A tip to help you choose a good room: Go right close by and stay at La Quinta, at least they have a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family and I have stayed here for the last few years and have had a very good experience. The price is right and it is within walking distance of Rouge brewery and the public pier. We love crabbing and fishing and the place is ideal due to it's location. The manager is attentive and very friendly and so is the staff. I've seen other reviews here and I must say I completely disagree with them. I've stayed at many hotels over the last few years due to my job and rarely do you find such sweet people who care about your needs as much as Jodi (the manager).

Room Tip: I suggest a ocean side room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel is the dirtiest, stinkiest hotel I have ever visited.
We checked in, went to our room, it was filthy and the smell was just awful, we returned to the front desk to complain, the lady at the desk gave us key cards for two room we can look at, none of the room were great but decided on one. We moved our luggage to the other room but after sitting there for a while we noticed this one was filthy amd the sheet smelled really bad.
DON'T LET THE INTERNET PICTURES FOOL YOU, THIS IS THE WORSE HOTEL I HAD EVER BEEN IN. It may be within walking distant of the aquaruim but it will be better to go to Best Western Agate, we did!!

Room Tip: Do not get a room tyhere, they all are dirty, stinky
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GREG M
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel on August 10th only because the town was sold out. When we walked into our room I right away noticed that the toilet had urine stains and black hair on it and in it! The cranky lady at the desk came up with a spray bottle and a dish scrubber. No cloth, gloves, or appropriate cleaner. She told us that she had sold the room earlier and that the people chose not to stay. So she decided not to check on the state of the room and instead let us discover the soiled bathroom. Later, my girlfriend got locked in the bathroom because the door handle latch was stripped. The cranky old lady came up again, this time with a screw driver. She claimed my girlfriend had the door locked which she did not. She pried the wobbly door handle away from the door and it popped open. The cranky old lady slammed the room door and left in a huff. The disgusting green carpet made me worry about contracting some sort of illness and I just imagined Gordon Ramsay with his blue light discovering all sorts of disgusting things in this ill kept hotel room. We were charged $165 for our inconvenience. Never stay at this hotel people. If the town is sold out there are many pleasant motels along the beach as you head south down the highway any of which would be far better than this dive! Beds have a swail in them and bedding looks like it has been there for decades!

Room Tip: Go to a different property.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kirbowla
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The rooms are big, and you can walk to a brewery, that is what it has going for it.
On arrival my friends room had a full garbage and a used ice bucket in it. They moved them to a different room.
My room looked clean enough until the next morning when I did a last chance sweep of the room and discovered a bottle of lube under the bed. Really, clean the rooms!
The internet never connected and the view is of a RV park.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bob b
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed years ago and it was nice. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite when I turned jets on all kinds of stuff came out, floor was sticky in places, hair ball in shower, beds are old and pillows are about 2" thick. No air conditioning, fireplace did not work and hot tub was out of service. Overall it was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2013