“miss lead”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Newport
“miss lead”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Service was just ok. the room was not what we expected. Location was just ok
the best my husband and I had time together. The least was we had no view with the price we could of had a oceanfront room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Lori S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

The place stinks! The hot tub paint is chipped and dirt floating around. The condensation on the ceiling drips on you and in the hot tub and there is broken tiles. The lobby is closed until 8am so you cant get coffee until then. The rooms are dirty! The view is an RV park. Half the hotel structure outside is under construction with no one working on it. The bed is so uncomfortable I could barely sleep. No coffee pots in the room. The T.V. is a 19 inch tube with VCR, limited channels. The rental for VHS is $3.00 and vending machine items are the same price. However the lady at the front desk was a very nice lady!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Newport hotels

Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 24 January 2014

After checking other hotels in the area, this is by far the best choice. Great rates, spacious/clean rooms and helpful staff. Coffee served in the lobby until 8pm, WIFI signal was excellent and free movie rentals. Larger bed than other comparable hotels. Balcony and couch in our room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jason11573
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 6 December 2013

When I walked in I was met by an older gentleman who stated he could not help me and I had to wait. He went down the hall yelling a name of the person who would eventually help me three separate times. After a 12 minute wait I inquired about room rates. I decided to check in with my family, paid for the room and asked about the WIFI code. Upon checking in the room we found hairs on two of the pillows and a balcony covered in dirt from a lack of any upkeep.

After sanitizing what we could I attempted to complete some important work, via the internet, but the WIFI was down. When inquiring at the front desk I was told they were working on restoring it and were almost done. I decided to go to dinner with my family and complete my business online upon returning from dinner. When we returned I again asked about the internet. I was told the person who was working on it had given up for the evening, but would work on it again tomorrow. I was informed that he was having problems configuring new routers, the same routers he was trying to configure when I first walked in to the hotel at 1:00PM. I informed the front desk that one of the main reasons I stayed there is the sign in the parking lot said "Internet". I also told the front desk had I been informed of the lack of internet upon checking in, I would have booked lodging elsewhere. The front desk had zero solutions. I had to go to a WIFI hot spot at another location so I could attempt to complete my online business.

The room was some what clean, but no one wants to sleep on someones DNA on the pillows. Upon returning home and checking online reviews, it appears many reviews complain of the lack of WIFI as advertised.

I did some investigations and tracked down the owner of this property as well as another in Lincoln City, Oregon.

If anyone is interested in personal contact of the property owner it is as follows,

Liz Cho
515 NW Inlet
Lincoln City, OR 97367

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Michael H
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The staff was alright. Free muffins are served between 7:30-8:30am. Rooms were pretty gross. Furniture had dog hair and white stains all over. Some rooms were unable to get wifi. Spa was convieniently out of service. I wouldnt recommend this place to my worst enemy. We stayed here not out of choice. It was the only place in town left with a room and now we know why. Try and bring your own pillows+blankets if you have to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank IrfanS
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was surprised when we went back to the Inn at Yaquina Bay:
The "breakfast" consisted of coffee (no decaf) and stale Costco muffins, cut into quarters.
The "breakfast" was served from 7:30 to 8:30 AM
The hallways smell.
Costs $3 to rent a DVD, what's with that? Red Box is only $1
The sheets were so thin that we could see through them to the mattress which was not comfortable.
The towels were cheap and very scratchy. They were about the size of a hand towel in another hotel.
The price should have been $59/night or less. Way overpriced for what we got.
Management just doesn't seem to care!

Room Tip: A tip to help you choose a good room: Go right close by and stay at La Quinta, at least they have a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard M
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family and I have stayed here for the last few years and have had a very good experience. The price is right and it is within walking distance of Rouge brewery and the public pier. We love crabbing and fishing and the place is ideal due to it's location. The manager is attentive and very friendly and so is the staff. I've seen other reviews here and I must say I completely disagree with them. I've stayed at many hotels over the last few years due to my job and rarely do you find such sweet people who care about your needs as much as Jodi (the manager).

Room Tip: I suggest a ocean side room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family