Tyee Lodge
US$193
  • Beachfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$199
Little Creek Cove(Newport)
US$199
US$180
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$112
ComfortInn
Starfish Point Condos(Newport)
US$220
Agate Beach Motel(Newport)
US$194
All reviewschinook roomcookiessalmon quicheoregon coastcomplimentary winefire pitbreakfast was excellentsmaller roombeautiful view of the oceangas stovedietary restrictionsbreakfast each morningliving roomgreat townlight houseperfect staycomfortable bed
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We just returned from a wonderful trip to the central coast of Oregon where we stayed at the Tyee Bed and Breakfast. The experience was exceptional. Dee and Doug were great. The accommodations were fantastic and overall we just had a really good time. My wife and I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed one night and words cannot express how wonderful everything was! Gorgeous property-beautiful flowers, outside sitting area with a fire pit, cozy sitting room inside with a fireplace! Our hosts, Dee and Doug were very welcoming and so friendly! This is our secret treasure on the Central Coast! And, breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank suziqq1
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Our stay at the Tyee Lodge was restful and completely relaxing. Hearing the roar of the ocean while enjoying the flickering fireplace was magical. We loved our comfortable bed in the Chinook room and soaked in the ocean front view through the picturesque pine trees. The room was clean and the hosts were very gracious. Doug and Dee struck a perfect balance between interacting and giving us privacy. We especially loved the full breakfast - yum! We will be back...

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in Yaquina. Everything was very clean and well cared for. The view out to the beach and sea was absolutely beautiful. Although new to running a b+b, our hosts made us very welcome and we were well looked after. As it was my wife's birthday, they had pre-booked the restaurant for us. The Chinook room next door is larger and I would have preferred (it was already booked out) but we were very happy with the room we had. Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

I really enjoyed staying here. The location was perfect, the views from the common living area and bedrooms outstanding – probably the best of anywhere I've ever stayed, the hosts were welcoming and helpful. Their recommendations for dinner and sightseeing were great. Our room was somewhat small – but we'd deliberately chosen a less expensive room, knowing that we'd get a smaller room. So I take complete responsibility for that.

I wasn't as crazy about the breakfasts as others who have reviewed Tyee Lodge – I tend to watch what I eat pretty carefully and could have enjoyed a little lighter fare or choices of lighter fare. But then I didn't ask for it either!

Room Tip: Look at the pictures on-line. They give a very fair representation of what you will get e.g. the room with 3 windows is larger.
1  Thank enjoyyourself50
deeanebert, Owner at Tyee Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Thoughtful comments help innkeepers to fine tune bed and breakfast hosting. The mom in me always worry about everyone being well fed, so I tend to serve large portions. I am always eager for my guests to be happy with what is being served so I am very willing to accommodate special diets or meal requests. I just need to know about any of those requests the night before the meal. Remember, your hosts will not be insulted if you don’t finish everything on your plate.

Dee