“Better than most mexican joints on the coast”

Super Oscar's Mexican Food
Ranked #56 of 109 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Baker City, Oregon
“Better than most mexican joints on the coast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We recently tried Oscars again. It has improved a bit and is still better than most of the bland Mexican food places here on the coast. Prices are reasonable and the place is fairly clean. It is in desperate need of a face lift outside and in.

• Visited April 2014

oregon
“Best enchilada sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Authentic enchilada sauce made the old way. Very flavorful. Incredible carne asada fries. It is very affordable. The place could be cleaner though.

• Visited April 2014
“Quality overall has gone done over the years.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I'm a little disappointed in the quality and service the past few months. I had ordered a burrito to go after eating there. They were pretty busy but usually takes 5-10 minutes even when they are busy. A group of kids went in and ordered things and after waiting 25 minutes and realizing that the kids who ordered were getting their stuff already I tried to get someone's attention to tell them I'm waiting. It took 5 minutes just to get their attention an tell them that I'd been waitin over 30 minutes. It then took then 10 minutes to get that out to me and didn't even apologize. I usually get the cheese enchiladas and after a while I'd have to tell them to make sure the cheese melts inside. I used to not have to tell them they should do it anyway. I didn't tell them today because I figured they know that the cheese should be melted. I got my plate and the cheese wasn't melted at all and it wasn't even hot it was cold. That annoyed me a lot and also I got like a gross part of onion or something inside my beans. I know it's fast food but It was really sloppy of them and there was no rush line. It's good food sometimes it's like they have days where the food is good and then days where the food is really piss poor.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kaylias36
Albany, Oregon
“I Love Mexican Food But”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My favorite mexican resturaunts are like a loosely knit chain. They evidently are not under the same ownership nor anything else. But their menus are about all the same. In Oregon they are ReAlberto's or Rigoberto's or Muchias Gracious. Normally. In Saint George, Utah there was a Rigoberto's and a Berto's. There is a good one on Apache in Mesa, AZ. In Green Valley the Rigobert's moved from the west side of I#19 to near Walmart on the east side. It is called Rigoberto's. Their best value to me is the Oregon Burrito. Carne Asada, Queso, and O'Brien Potatoes. No rice or bean filler. These are huge. Yep, in Arizona the same burrito is an Arizona Burrito. But this Oscars in Newport, Oregon had what I'd call small portions. Rice was dry. Beans too and without Queso (cheese). Not much sauce on the enchiladas and the Chicken inside not appealing when viewed. I love these other similar places, but Oscars was terrible. Their employees and owner need to visit Rigo Berto's in Albany or Green Valley or California.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank OregonLogger
“Carne Asada Fries are amazing! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend is from San Diego, CA and he misses the mexican food from there. When we visited Newport we decided to stop into Oscars, and he says it tastes exactly the same as Southern California mexican food places! Large portions and menu choices

1 Thank Lani L