Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Newport
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We stayed here for almost a week while on vacation checking out the Newport area. We had a wonderful stay. Our room was very clean, beds were comfortable. The breakfast bar was always clean and the food was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed there using our points and we got extra goodies just for being members. We will be coming back again and I have referred many friends to this hotel already. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 September 2011

This is one of the newer Holiday Inn expresses and it is very nice

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Stayed here starting a visit up the coastline north. Staff was friendly, rooms were very clean, and the motel can't be very old. Everything looked fairly new. The breakfast was very adequate, but nothing out of the ordinary. We were on the 3rd floor, and it was quiet up there. I don't know about the lower rooms. I see one review that complained about some noise. I guess I can't ever remember staying in a Holiday Inn Express that I didn't feel was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I'd never tried the Holiday Inn Express chain before and I was a bit unsure what to expect. What a pleasant experience it turned out to be. The hotel is nicely appointed - nothing overly fancy, but clean, modern, comfortable, and quite nice. The rooms and bathrooms were especially clean and the beds were soft and comfy. With a room facing the back of the hotel we even had a brief view of the water - an unexpected surprise. Breakfast is completely fine - lots of the basic choices (cereal, eggs, pancakes, fruit and yoghurt). Sure it's not gourmet but it's exactly the kind of food options I want for breakfast.

Although the hotel seemed busy, we didn't have any issues with noise from neighbouring rooms (we may have been on the third floor) and although the location is on the south side of the bridge", we enjoyed being close to the "older" part of town. (if only the bridge didn't seem so ominous at night).

thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great hotel, but the wrong side of the bridge for dinner options mean a car is required. Good pool and fitness options, nice rooms and typically good HI breakfast included. Location is only (minor) drawback and will only affect those that do not want to drive for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Overall my family enjoyed our stay. The beds were comfortable and clean but the side door being broken was somewhat frustrating. Also I HIGHLY recommend staying on the third floor, I could hear the people above me ALL NIGHT LONG...! Breakfast was plentifull but just ok. Staff was very nice and helpful!

Room Tip: Stay on upper floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We recently had a family get together in Newport, OR and our family stayed at the Holiday Inn in South Beach, just south of bridge. It seems like it is a newer property and is conveniently located to the aquarium and the Rogue restaurant/brewery. We had a two bed room and the beds were comfortable. The wireless internet was reasonably fast. Lobby was nice. The bathroom was clean, a little small when the 3 of us were getting ready to go in the morning. I'm a rewards member and we got a nice little gift pack upon arrival, my son always thinks that's cool. Swimming pool looked clean, we didn't have to use it though. We were in Newport on a very busy weekend and lots of hotels were booked. Tons of families in this Holiday Inn. The breakfast buffet was typical Holiday Inn. I really like the waffles you can do at some of the chains but Holiday Inn does pancakes and I don't care for them as much. The breakfast was well stocked, if you didn't get there as soon as it opened though, lookout, it was a bit of chaos. I swear, some people act as if they've never eaten at these things, I'm pretty patient but it was too much for me. The second morning I went early, grabbed bagels for us before the crowds arrived and just ate up in our room. The parking lot in front of the property fills up fast, plenty of room out back though. When we came back to our room the first evening, the room had somehow been set to 60 degrees and it was freezing, especially on the Oregon coast.

Overall a nice stay and clean hotel. No ocean view of course. We would stay again. On a weekend, I'd plan on breakfast out. We aren't big breakfast people so the continental breakfasts typically work for us except when they are packed. Staff was very nice, front desk was waiting for us as we had called in a late arrival for Friday night.

Room Tip: Lobby was super busy in the morning and noisy, I'm glad we were on an upper level floor. Get to...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family