“Restful, enjoyable”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Newport
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel - the service was so good the first time we visited, it simply meant we had to come back. Four of us were traveling together - and we booked two rooms - and we all agree that this was a good facility

The staff, from reception, through breakfast, to checkout were all just great. The room was about as good as one could expect, and it allowed us to have a good night's rest - preparing to enjoy the day ahead.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is located on the South side of Newport, over the bridge - if you are approaching from the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GBishome
GMNewportHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

GBishome,
Wow, What a wonderful review! I am so pleased to read that you had not only a great stay the first time you came, but also the second time. We LOVE having a return business, and love hearing their feedback from their multiple stays. I know that we will see you again in the future!
Have a great day!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a great experience at this hotel. This was our first time using Holiday Inn Express and liked it so much we became a points member. Great staff, clean, fresh and modern surroundings. Coffee and hot water/tea available 24 hours a day. Great breakfast selection. They upgraded us to a top floor room which was great. Hotel is within walking distance of the aquarium and is across the street from Aquarium World, which is a unique shopping area with buildings that look like ships and other things, very colorful and fun. Great little shops to browse in. The hotel is across the bridge from the state park and is close to the beaches once you are over the bridge. Had a great dinner at Georgie's Beach Side grill on the ocean.

Room Tip: top floor, facing the back of the building towards aquarium world shopping area, which i believe is...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EGREN

EGREN,
We’re so happy to have been able to host you recent stay in Newport. Thank you for taking your time and energy to reach out and share you experience with us regarding your stay. We take pride in our property and hotel staff and to get such an enthusiastic review is AWSOME! We hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Express in Newport.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Came for two day stay in Newport area during coastal trip, hotel looks practically new, staff friendly and efficient, rooms clean and comfortable, good sized refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast included scrambled eggs and bacon, pancakes. Coffee, tea and cocoa available 24 hours. One small issue was weak wi fi, we were at the end of the hallway and kept getting disconnected from several devices, otherwise perfect.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing away from street for silence
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nitroused

nitrousedEdB,
Thank you for your most recent review of the Holiday Inn Express in Newport Oregon. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I do apologize for the issues you had experienced with our WII, and have since resolved the issue. I hope that you find everything satisfactory during your next stay, and if you have complications with the WIFI again please feel free to contact the Front Desk and we will assist you immediately.
We hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Last minute stay in Newport and I'm glad we chose this place! Great staff, excellent customer service, super clean rooms, fantastic breakfast with delicious all-you-can pancakes! We will definitely stay here next time!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J F

J F,
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are always so happy to read about our guests experiences at our property. I would like to thank you for the awesome compliments to our staff, cleanliness, and our breakfast! It is truly appreciated by all! We all hope to see you again soon, even if it is just a last minute stop. :)
Have a great day!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've stayed in a few HIE's and my general impression is that they try just a little bit harder. Stayed in the Newport Ore. HIE for one night; got the AAA discount, but the room they gave us was ground floor, facing the parking lot (headlights, exhaust, etc) I asked for something higher up and they immediately gave us a lovely room (fireplace etc) on the 4th floor: same price, same AAA discount.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MisterPG
GMNewportHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

MisterPG,
Wow! Thank you for all of the compliments about our hotel and our brand! We definitely stay very true to the "Stay Real" culture that our brand puts forth, and I am so happy that you were able to experience it at our property. We look forward to providing you with the same great service and cleanliness the next time you stay with us here in Newport, Oregon!
Thank you again!

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over a two month period for week nights for work. I give this hotel five stars for the class category it has because management, staff and maintenance went out of their way to accomodate my needs for work and make my stay extremely enjoyable and easy.

The hotel is relatively new, and the qualuty of the beds, linens and workspace furniture in the room was fantastic. For example, the desk area had a very comfortable chair and a large enough space to spread out my work, with plenty of plug outlets and decent internet speed to get everything done. I only had one problem in the whole time I was there, the refrigerator in my room went out and i didnt notice it until I got back at 8pm but the night desk clerk, Trevor, located a new one and it installed in less than 15 minutes. Awesome service and response.

Although this hotel isnt on the beach, the other hotel I was assigned paled in comparison in terms of maintenance and staff accomodations to requests. This hotel has a "what can we do to make your stay better" kind of attitude that is extremely rare. Although many chains and independent hotels claim it, this hotel really delivers. For example, they let me keep my portable office in tact in my room for the weekend while I was not in town.

Thw breakfasts are preety standard fair, but there is something for everyone and fruit and coffee/tea/cider/cocoa throughout the day. There were many families with younger children during the mornings that made breakfasrs lively, but a great adult social gathering in the dining room area at night with all the other business travelers.

Although I didnt get to spend much time on the beach, this hotel is practically next door the Newport Aquarium just a couple miles from beautifyl South Beach State Park. I highly recommend this friendly, professional hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank sundaddydo

sundaddydo,
Thank you for such a detailed review about our property in Newport Oregon! We were so happy that we were able accommodate all of your needs during your business trip to Newport, even though we are not located on the beach. I was so happy to read that Trevor was able to take care of the refrigerator in your room the night that it quit working so that your food did not go bad. All of us here at the hotel hope that you choose to stay with us anytime you are back in our wonderful town.
Thank you!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here while attending a photography course on the Oregon coast. Lovely hotel, great staff - very clean, great shower, free strong wifi, nice big room, great breakfast, good value. Special mention to Katrina Curry & her front desk team - really made the stay perfect. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank rebshep
GMNewportHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Newport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

rebshep,
I was so happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us during your business trip! All of the staff is delighted to read that you gave them special mention in this review. We hope that you will continue to choose our brand during your travels. See you next time you are in the area, and we will be sure to WOW you again.
Thank you so much!