“We loved it and always do and we'll be back”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stay at the Econo Lodge three to four times a year in Newport Oregon for at least a full week each time. This is our home away from home. The staff makes our stays relaxing, comfortable, low key and very friendly. The customer service is superior and our needs are handled professionally. The rooms are well maintained and extremely clean. We look forward to our next stay.
Thanks,
Connie and Wanda Kletzer

Room Tip: Easy acces off hwy 101, great ocean views, bkfst
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beaches085

Reviewed 30 May 2011

As the name implies. this facility is for the economy minded. The double queen bed room was small, crowded and in need of a little facelift. The bathroom was clean but also small and in need of updating. The facility is located in a good spot and easy to enter and leave with a fairly good size parking lot. The front desk person was very polite and friendly.
If your looking for a place to stay while traveling and need a basic room for the night at a reasonable price (we paid just under $65.00 for the night) this is not the worst place to stay.
It may not be the best but is OK for the price.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tourist058
EconoLodgeNewport, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are in the process of updating our units, though at the moment we do not have a completion date set. I hope that next time you decide to travel to Newport you will decide to give us another try and see how we have changed. I am glad you had a good experience and hope that you will be more comfortable once we have updated. -- Dawn Cuevas, General Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2011

So what is it? A hotel or an auto garage? There were two cars parked up on the grass at the motel's lower level and it looked really unprofessional. At all hours there was constant coming and going, and people not seeming to stay at the motel were loitering in the grounds. It didn't feel very safe. Our room was clean enough, not really updated, but convenient to everything, but I don't think I'd stay here again. I am surprised Econolodge wants a place run like this to operate under their name.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank NewportMania
EconoLodgeNewport, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

I would like to apologize that you had that experience with the hotel. The veteran who had parked on the grass had the vehicles there temporarily and I am sorry it disturbed you. We are in the process of updating the property and updating the furniture in the rooms. I am sorry to hear you did not have a good stay, if you would like to contact me perhaps we can work something out. -- Dawn Cuevas, General Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2011

We enjoyed are trip here clean room nice people. We also had a good breakfast provided by them. U would come back for future trips
: )

• Stayed: March 2011

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate when guests take the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad you enjoyed the stay and hope to see you again. -- Dawn Cuevas, General Manager.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

We chose this hotel because it was cheaper than another hotel down the block, closer to the beach, which didn't negatively effect access. We were still only a block away.

The hotel manager was the most gracious of hostesses and made sure everything was satisfactory. She recommended (at our request) a local seafood restaurant that earned high reviews from us.

Our room was on the south side of the building on the ground floor. We didn't have much of a view, but that wasn't our point of staying there. The only drawback of having our room where we did was the lack of wireless internet capabilities. If using a laptop for internet, I would suggest bringing along a small ethernet cable.

The room was clean, bed comfortable, and hotel quiet. The drawback here (as mentioned in other reviews) was the lack of coffeemaker in-room.

Morning breakfast consists of fruit, bagels, or a variety of muffins. Not bad for the price we paid.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Newport. It is a quick drive to the waterfront and other local attractions.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rbrt_Groves
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I stayed here with my husband for a get-a-way night and we paid for an ocean view room. I was thinking a closer to the beach ocean view, but no we could only see a small part of the ocean over the tops of other buildings. Not impressed!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This is the worst motel I ever stayed in. The room smelled very bad. The new managers were helpful one minute the next she was yelling at people. The room was not cleaned one time during our stay never got clean towels ice machine didn't work the so called breakfast was terrible. Did I mention how rude the woman was.I can't belive they allow rude people like her to work there. I will never stay there again. Its not worth what you pay:(

• Stayed: September 2010
EconoLodgeNewport, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2010

I would like to apologize for the treatment you received. At the beginning of October we had another change in management and we hope that someday in the future perhaps you will give us another try. I would be happy to discuss this with you if you would like. My email is Newporteconolodge@gmail.com or you can call us and ask for Dawn.