“Awful!!!”

Money Saver Motel
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Newport
“Awful!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed at this place because I was told that for my two night stay it woul only be 90 dollars, then when I got here even after beig told 90.00 I was charged more!! I thought that they should have left it at quoted price!!! They continued to argue with me and deny thT they ever said that!! It is kind of a run down old tyme motel!! Not recommended at all!! Owners are not very friendly!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My grandson and I, traveling from Las Vegas. Weather turned crazy, snow and ice. We found this place by LUCK! The price was very affordable.I have traveled all across the United States, this being one of the cleanest rooms out of hundreds, I have stayed in! Staff very polite and friendly! For the price, and being a older property, I rate it very high! great value, very pleased with whole experience!

Room Tip: older place, some noise from other guests, but not enough to bother us!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SINCITYTHW
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have been staying at the money saver inn in Newport Oregon when I go to work at the hospital across the street.The location is very convenient. I work nights so I am sleeping during the day time. This has been the best hotel I could find because they have rooms that face the opposite side of the main road out front. This is fantastic because it is way more quiet on that side and it lets me sleep better during the day. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, they even wrap the toilet seat in sealer paper so you know it has been thoroughly cleaned. The rooms smell nice and the staff there are really friendly. Overall it has been the best experience out of all the budget hotels I have stayed at in Newport. I highly recommend! The only thing I noticed is that the walls are not very soundproof so during the day when neighboring rooms are checking out they tend to make a lot of noise. This shouldn't be a problem if you are sleeping regular hours however.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the opposite side of the main highway out front. Way quieter back there.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ryans2000
Reviewed 22 August 2011

When i chk in was charge 20 dollars more for checking in 2 hrs early the bed had bugs in it and slept in the chair the shower had water above my ankles and the door didnt lock from the outside . Overall for 79 dollars ill stay elsewhr next time

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank idaho555
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 29 March 2011

The place was pretty cheap (if you book online) suites for 65 dollars and standard room for 35. Location is great and is right on the main drag. Also right across the hospital. I dislike motels in general but our party was huge so we had to stay somewhere cheap. The idea was to be close to the docks cause deep sea fishing started at 730. The checkin process was pretty old school as in everything was written by hand kinda interesting as I haven't seen that in ages. Rooms itself had fairly thin walls. If the person upstairs was taking a shower expect to hear water running for as long as that person takes. It was a smoking/non-smoking facility. Which means it smells like smoke even if its a nonsmoking room. It was fairly clean no visible dust. Rooms had microwaves and mini fridge. TV was on a table. Bathroom was lime green with scuff marks on the toilet seat (permanent). Tiles were beginning to crack but that was it. It was clean. Soap products in the room were super duper cheap bring your own stuff from home. The only things that were bad was the window curtain. Had mold/holes and the vent in the bathroom full of lint and dust. The worst is the smell staining EVERYTHING. We went up further in the coast to stay somewhere else on the way back home and everything in the bag and my purse smelled horrid. Even though there were clean clothes in my bag they all had to go into the hamper at home.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Because of the Seafood and Wine Festival that takes place annually there are not many vacancies in town for the weekend that we stayed. The places that do have vacancies then jack up their rates sky-high knowing that those of us that work at the festival need a place to stay for 3 nights and do not have a choice in the matter. That is how my co-workers and I ended up at the Money Saver Motel. First, the name of the place is an oxymoron...we were charged $99 per room, per night for 3 nights...do the math. I don't think we saved any money! The weather was colder than usual, temps in the 30's. The tiny wall heater outside of the bathroom door could not heat up the room, we had it set as high as it could go...90 degrees and still froze our rear ends off! We all compared notes in the morning, no one slept well and we all froze. The bathroom in my room didn't have a towel rack, it was broken off the wall, you could see where the hole was patched with fix all but there was no replacement rack. The bathrooms are tile floors and tubs/showers, looks nice but made the room and floor ten times colder than it should have been. That would be OK except that the shower was lukewarm for about 60 seconds then was pure cold water! There was a note on the wall that said "warning, water temperature fluctuates" It should read, take a quick shower if you want any hot water otherwise forget about it sucker! The room has a mini fridge, microwave which is nice when you're traveling and working. The old style big TV sat on a chair at the end of the bed. Housekeeping was close to non-existent, our towels were replenished daily, the bed was sort of made, the sheets were never changed, floors never vacuumed but the worst offense in my opinion was THE TRASH WAS NEVER REMOVED THE ENTIRE THREE DAYS WE STAYED THERE!!! Had there been a trash bin outside somewhere I would have dumped it myself but there was no such bin available. Our final night we had noisy neighbors that kept 2 of our 3 rooms up half the night. When we were finally able to check out I spoke to the manager and told her that we were disappointed with the sub-standard rooms and the price that we paid. I asked if there was anything she would do considering we spent over $900 for this torture, she just shrugged her shoulders and said I can write down my address and phone number but didn't say anything would be done with it. As expected I have not received any contact from the motel and that was a week ago. If you're a college kid that wants to get wasted at the Wine Festival, crash at a flop house for the night and get out to nurse your hangover in the morning this is a fine place to stay. If you are working 3 long days at said festival and want a warm room to sleep in, a warm shower in the morning and even the slightest bit of cleaning done to your room each day, stay away from this place. I am mortified at what we paid and how we were treated. On the plus side, there is a great restaurant a few doors down, the Newport seafood and Steak house has friendly staff, great food, good prices and poured a good drink. Also there is a Dutch Bros coffee drive thru across the street and they have good coffee.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank nwmel

Travellers are raving about these Newport hotels

Reviewed 5 January 2011

I have been staying at a lot of chain hotels recently (choice ,wyndham etc.) Unfortunately, they cost more money, and have not been as clean. It's disappointing paying more for a dirty rm that really offers nothing more than this place. If you want a clean place to sleep with a fridge and microwave here it is. It's nothing fancy, the owners live here, and take pride of there establishment and to me that says alot. The other larger name hotels on the street cost more because of the name they may offer a continental breakfast if that but get away with charging more. Staying here also helps a family owned business!

• Stayed January 2011