“Suggestion; perhaps rename GHOST TOWN ....”
Review of Pirates Plunder

Pirates Plunder
Ranked #20 of 51 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Pirate's Plunder Antique and Collectibles Mall has proven to be a “Must See” destination for families visiting the Oregon coast.Located in Newport near the Oregon Coast Aquarium and the Hatfield Marine Science Center, there's 8,000 square feet of fun and over 100 merchants with something for everyone.OPEN 9-6 DAILY. Come on over and make Pirate’s Plunder a part of your family tradition.
Reviewed 18 February 2013

.... pirates plunder something. How can I put it ? In kindness it is creepy... like someone found a lot of on paint sale (or it was free) they splattered it everywhere - this is not festive and cheerful and eye catching ... it just weird. So weird it's sad. Like a mini golf thingy in primary colours on little shrunken vingnettes with a maritime prop / theme thing going on.
Tripadvisor aska about other attributes? generally - 1 good thing is is is sort of wheelchair friendly but it is a waste of time 2 feet or on wheels - please don't want your leisure time on this ??? whatever it is

There are newer reviews for Pirates Plunder

Reviewed 22 January 2013

WE ALWAYS FIND A TREASURE ... Pirate's Plunder in Newport, Oregon has NEVER disappointed us! There's such a h-u-g-e variety of items there ... it's truly like going on a "treasure hunt". And the staff: always friendly, always helpful, and making suggestions on what we're looking for! On our last visit last week-end, I even found a long-sought-after red-headed Angel doll for my Angel Christmas tree ... she's PERFECT! It couldn't have been better ... can't wait to go back again!!

1  Thank Nananan77
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My family and I stopped here on an Oregon coast vacation this fall.
This place has some cool stuff in it but the staff just makes you feel VERY uncomfortable. They were taking shifts following my family around. I felt like a felon! If we touched anything, they got real close to us (as in arm's length), as if we would certainly break it, or steal it, I'm not sure which.
We were going to buy a few things but the way these people were acting, we decided we would rather do anything than support them!

1  Thank Amber P
Reviewed 29 October 2012

PIRATES PLUNDER ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLE MALL IN NEWPORT, OREGON IS DEFINATELY A MUST
Pirates Plunder Antiques & Collectibles Mall in Newport, Oregon is definately a MUST DESTINATION while visiting the Oregon Coast. The store is litterally filled with unusual eclectic and one of a kind items that are no longer availabe in the general market. The store itself is quite impressive and will take you and your family hours to completely go through the entire store.
Personally my wife and I have spent many hours shopping at this store and have found many wonderful treasures. The staff has always been extremely helpful and we have had many great experiences while shopping at this store.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO OUR NEXT VISIT TO NEWPORT WITH OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY SO WE CAN VISIT THIS WONDERFUL STORE AGAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE STAFF AT PIRATES PLUNDER FOR BEING SO HELPFUL DURING OUT LAST VISIT IN SEPTEMBER 2012......WE WILL HOPEFULLY SEE YOU AGAIN SOON! THANKS!!

Reviewed 26 August 2012

This place is like the best of an antique shop/garage sale/ and flee market all in one unique place. If my husband would have let us, could have looked through the endless side rooms which are creatively organized and arranged by time period or theme. The whole Pirate Village is a fun experience for all, tons of picture opportunities for the kids by pirate statues and sea life. Plus a glass blowing shop which is amazing to watch and take classes. Don't miss it!