“Honesty” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lightkeeper's Inn Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
The Lightkeeper's Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 8 Newport B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Honesty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This inn has a beautiful location with a lovely view. The innkeepers are welcoming and the room is comfortable. The wi-fi was spotty and it didn't work all of the time. I have to say I am disappointed that there is a "fishy" story about their honesty. When I departed I left a cell phone charger in one of the outlets in the room. When I discovered this, I called and I was told that yes, absolutely she had it and she would mail it to me. I waited a week and there was no call and no package. I called again and now the story changed. Now they did not have the charge cord and "maybe the last people staying there took it". Really? And it makes one wonder why they didn't contact me to let me know this, if it were true. They knew I was expecting it to be sent. Upon a third call I learned that those guests were not available. The circumstances and conversations lead me to be unsure as to the veracity of the story. I am disappointed, as we all depend upon one another's honesty. Despite the comfortable stay I would not stay again. I prefer my innkeepers to be straightforward with me. Disappointing.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms and they both have a view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank TravelGal022

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We found the Lightkeeper's Inn through referrals from two other B&B's and were sure glad we did. It was a wonderful experience and were made to feel most welcome. Our room was bright and cozy with a beautiful view of the harbor. Cheryl's breakfasts were 'out of this world' and the appetizers she brought down to us amazing. We certainly hope we get a chance to visit again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our first time at a B&B, and the experience could not have been better. The hosts (Cheryl & Bill) were very welcoming and made us feel right at home. The room was fantastic, spacious, clean, cozy, and with excellent views of the harbor.

What blew us away was how hospitable and nice Cheryl was the entire time. She made sure that our stay was as pleasant and relaxing as every other visitor she has welcomed.

We are already planning our return to this little slice of heaven.

Oh and her Seafood Eggs Benedict for breakfast was phenomenal!

Room Tip: Our room came with Satellite TV and gas fireplace.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rgabrielli
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Only a 2nd time at a B&B, a little odd at 1st because it is thier home as well, but within minutes I felt as if it was ours too, Cheryl and Bill are wonderful hosts, welcomed us with a bottle of wine and then a delicious dessert after returning from roaming the town, the room was very comfortable with fantastic views of the harbor, will stay again next time thru town.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steven T
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed there during our honeymoon road trip up the Oregon Pacific coast. We stayed in the Lightkeeper Suite and it was nothing short of amazing. Cheryl made a special effort for us by having faux rose petals and a nice flower wreath on our door for our honeymoon. We were also greeted with home cooked apple turnovers, which were delicious! The room was very clean and the view was amazing, the fireplace was also a very nice feature to have. It is in a convenient location to the waterfront for great food and just walking around. The breakfast the next morning was equally delicious, Cheryl really went over the top to make sure we had everything we wanted and even took the time to chat with us during breakfast which was very nice. Overall it felt like a home away from home! We will definitely stay there again the next time we're in Newport.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nevada, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I can't say enough good things about our stay. We felt at home from the moment we walked in the door. It was like staying with family. Cheryl was an excellent hostess! She had drinks and a snack ready for us and good suggestions for dinner. We really appreciated the private access and deck. The views were hard to beat. We stayed in the Lightkeeper suite. The room exceeded my expectations. There is ample room to spread out and get comfortable. The bed slept really well too. Very soft sheets. Cheryl made an unbelievable breakfast and we really enjoyed our time talking with Cheryl and Bill. They made us feel welcomed but at the same time were very respectful of our privacy. I would not hesitate to recommend this place! I think we will be staying at more B&B's in the future. I can only hope those others can live up to this great experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrs_johnson1024
Cheney, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

First of all, I apologize for this review being so late. Life and all. My husband and I stayed her last September, when we took a trip back down to Oregon. We almost booked our night at a hotel, when my husband came across this gem. We were anything but disappointed. The room we stayed in was The Lightkeeper Suite. This room was tastefully decorated, spacious and had a great view. When we first arrived, Cheryl greeted us at the door with a warm welcome and a smile. We met her husband Bill, shortly after and he was just as friendly. This was an anniversary trip for us and when we mentioned it to Cheryl, she jokingly "scolded" us for not telling her. It was merely some confusion, as when we made the reservation over the phone, she was riding in a car and didn't catch the anniversary part. It was all good though. She took us to our room and even suggested some Restaurants for dinner, as we had not eaten yet. Breakfast was outstanding. She cooks what YOU like/want not what she thinks you should eat. A lot of B&B's don't give you options, so it's a gamble on what you're going to be served for breakfast sometimes. Cheryl & Bill's home is warm and inviting and very well decorated and has an awesome view to match. We had a 1 night reservation, as we had plans for further down the coast, the next 2 nights. However, we liked it SO much, that we rearranged the last bit of our trip, so that when we came back up the Coast, we could stay there one more time. This time we got the Shell Seeker Suite. Even though the room was smaller than the other one, we liked it more. It was warm and cozy and it also had the better of the views. Cheryl even went out of her way to decorate the room for our anniversary. She put a Happy Anniversary wreath on the door to our room and sprinkled rose petals (silk ones) on the bed and lit candles and even gave us a bottle of wine. We have stayed at several Bed & Breakfasts. Out of the ones we have stayed at, Cheryl & Bill tie for 1st place with another one we stayed at in South Dakota. It's a rare thing where you get fantastic hospitality along with a beautiful setting, when staying at a B&B. When we make a trip back down here again (which I am sure we will), we will definitely stay here again. Thanks, Cheryl & Bill for everything!!!

Room Tip: If you're romantic couple, definitely ask for the "Shell Keepers" Suite. It the more r...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple