“Fresh Seafood Oregon or Thai-Style”
Review of Sail Inn Cafe

Sail Inn Cafe
Ranked #86 of 115 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Description: The restaurant just opened in September 2010. phone 541-444-7111 and they do have a web page.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The cook and owner reminds me of when I lived in Thailand. One person to take the orders, to cook and serve and to run the cash register. For most westerners this might see odd, but I felt right at home. Meals were served in no time.

All the seafood is fresh and can be cooked Oregon or Thai-Style. Non-seafood options too. My favourite was the Yacquina oysters cooked in the wok with bean sprouts and other Asian ingredients. A variety of beverages My treat was Thai iced coffee.

Be flexible with your palate ... and ask about the cook's favourites and be pleasantly surprised. For taste, service and experience, I give this 5-stars.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We ordered a shrimp cocktail. When we got it, the shrimp were tiny salad size and warm , like they'd been microwaved. The crab & shrimp melt was not as listed on the menu-it included mayo which once warmed was not appetizing. My stomach hurt the rest of the night. I would not recommend this place at all.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

One of our favorite 'lesser known' restaurants in Newport. Chin works really hard to make the food here great. She is talented beyond the menu. Just ask and if she has what it takes she will make any Thai dish you can think of. Ask for Calamari salad for Thai style Calamari and dressing. Greens always fresh and she will not use any ingredient that is not. Bay front view and a very relaxing place that we enjoy all year long. Full bar is stocked with the necessities and if you know you'll want something special, call ahead and she will probably get some for you.
Mike T.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a fresh from the sea meal this is NOT the spot. This place is an oriental mix. We were the only table and our waitress was the server, bartender, cook, and cashier. She did it all and the service reflected it. I will say she tried her hardest but the overall experience was lacking. The food was okay. I was expecting American sea food and that is not what this is so don't be caught off guard.

1  Thank luvs2board
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped for a late lunch while on vacation and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and in particular the Clam Chowder. Also the Key Lime Pie is unsurpassed. Sail Inn was a fantastic option with a nice view on the harbor. We would definitely return here on a future trip.

1  Thank swmdetroit