“Fantastic Experience!”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel on August 27,2011. Upon checking in at 3 p.m., I asked the clerk for a high room that was quiet. She said all the rooms were already assigned. I nicely said ok, I thought I would ask. And after I was polite, she said to me "let me see what I can do". Well, she ended up moving us from a room on the bottom floor (near the elevator and the ice machine) to a floor in the middle of the 6th floor! I was so grateful because it was quiet and the view of the ocean and the lighthouse was amazing! The best was super comfortable. The bathroom is a little small but everything was very clean. We purchased this as a groupon special and are very happy that we did! I would return here again and look forward to visiting newport in the future. Thanks for the wonderful experience!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

It is great to hear that our front desk clerk helped you with your wishes. It is amazing how little things make all the difference in a stay at a hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Agate Beach Inn

Reviewed 9 September 2011

While traveling the coatline from Washington to California, my husband & I decided to stay at this hotel. The clerk checking us in was not very polite or friendly. We were having such fun on the coast & were dressed very casually so I can only assume our disheveled appearance was not to her liking. BUT the accommodations were lovely. We did get an ocean view & we were very pleased with our room!! I would stay here again, maybe, unless the same clerk was working. I met up with her the next morning & thanked her for the beautiful view. I was having to much fun on our trip to be unkind to someone who treated me unfairly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monique L
agatebeach, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and as I mentioned when I repsonded to you on your medallia survey my clerks behavior was unacceptable to me. I assure you that when you come to stay with us again your experience with the front desk will be pleasurable. Thank you for your comments as they are valuable to me!

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Clean, large rooms with mini-kitchen; staff helpful and friendly; lounge area had a fireplace and chess/checkers table and sitting area; restaurant on-site had great food and room service; indoor pool and hot tub; located right across from Agate Beach so walks on the beach easy-family loved this hotel, especially the kids

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreaciate you taking the time to write your review and let others know of your experience with us. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here on a trip to the Oregon coast. We chose an ocean view room, our view was stunning and worth the premium. But the views on the other side of the hotel were not bad, either, looking over pine trees. One wall of our room was solid windows with a door out to a small balcony. It framed a beautiful view of the beach, which must be half a mile wide, and a lighthouse at the point.
What really stood out here was the service. One of our key cards didn't work. In just a few minutes someone arrived at our door to exchange it. Everyone we interacted with was helpful and accommodating. It's a very well run hotel.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

What a pleasant surprise it was to arrive at this hotel. The staff was courteous and efficient, and check in was a breeze. It was a pleasant surprise to look out the large window of our ocean view 6th floor room and see the beautiful sand dunes. I had been to Newport and Nye beach countless times, but I had not walked down far enough to see them.

The pool was warm and inviting, the service was wonderful, the beds were comfortable, and the atmosphere was relaxing. We ate in the bar and watched the sun set over the ocean. The food and sevice was wonderrful there, too.

I would definitely return! Thanks for the menories.

Room Tip: I'd always ask for an ocean view. It made the experience incredible!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
agatebeach, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

We love that you had such a great adventure with us! We are constantly working on making our hotel the kind that our guest want to return to each visit to newport! We look forward to having your here again! Thank you!

Reviewed 29 August 2011

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. Even though it was an incredibly busy weekend, we were checked in very quickly, and in our room with an incredible ocean view in no time at all. The room was great and the beds were so comfortable. Despite the fact that there appeared to be a college student convention going on while we were there, we heard no noise at all while trying to sleep.

A very high point of our stay was the pool and hot tub. I have never experienced a warmer hotel pool, and we spent many hours enjoying it.

I also recommend eating at the bar. We made reservations for the restaurant, but found the bar menu to be a little simpler and more our speed. We had an amazing dinner while watching the sun set over the ocean.

My only suggestion would be a simple continental breakfast. We woke up hungry, and the only food offered in the gift shop was candy/chips.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
agatebeach, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that you had a great time here with us and look forward to spending time with us again!

Reviewed 21 August 2011

What a beautiful view! Our room was large and comfortable, but our favorite thing about this hotel was the spectacular views from the rear of the property. The lobby and the restaurant both looked out over the water and it was just steps to the beach for a nice walk. It was convenient to the lighthouse at Yaquina Head and the Bayfront with shops and restaurants. We had a nice breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, which features a daily $5 special for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
agatebeach, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

We are so pleased to hear you had a great time at our hotel, We are looking forward to offering a bed and breakfast rate by the end of the year. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.