“Simple, Fun and kind service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
“Simple, Fun and kind service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

It's a hotel... I normally would have a lot to say, but the hotel is just a well rounded hotel. The beach is pretty neat here. Well worth the stay, but make it a 2 day stop, not one. If your looking for really comfy beds, it comes in a little short. Better than most rooms at the cost. No continental breakfast is a huge draw back.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Due to the full service restaurant we do not offer a free breakfast, However our chef does offer and $5.00 special each morning! I appreciate you taking the time to right your review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Canby, Oregon, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

My wife and I visited this hotel for her birthday and a night away from the kids. The room had a nice view of the beach and ocean. The pool and hot tub are the norm for hotels. We were woke up at 815 by housekeeping wanting to clean the room. After answering the door the lady said sorry then went to the room nect to us. She was banging the vacuum against the wall so there was no going back to sleep. Check out is not until noon but we got the feeling they wanted us out asap. We will not be back and if you want to sleep in I would suggest you stay some where else!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am so sorry about your stay with us, What you experienced is unacceptable to me and I will be working personally with housekeeping to keep this from happening again. I appreciate the comments so that I may follow up on this, I do hope you will reconsider and give us another try! Again I apologize!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Stayed at the BW Agate Beach Inn on business this week for one night. I did not have a reservation but was easily able to walk in on a Wednesday evening and get a room. The room was an ocean view, and it the view was beautiful. It had a small balcony, but for standing only. The bed was super comfortable and I appreciated the flat screen TV. There was a small fridge and microwave, but otherwise this was a standard BW as far as furnishings go. Clean, but slightly dated. The heater was hard to find and understand how to set it, so I found myself turning the dial a few times to get the temp just right. There were no instructions, just a dial on a black box on the wall!

I had dinner at the sports bar on property. It was a slow night and I very much enjoyed the company of Miriam at the bar. I could tell as the regulars streamed in that she was a local favorite. Food was as described. Basic menu, but tasted good and fresh and fairly priced. The hotel isn't within walking distance to much where its at, so the restaurant and bar were a very welcome sight. As a female traveling alone, I felt very safe and thought the service was spectacular at this property. All in all it was a great stay and I would stay here again when I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GoBoSox07
Thank you for staying with us! I know traveling alone as a women is sometimes scary so I am glad you felt safe at our hotel! Our hotel is an older property but we will start the end of this month with getting new carpet and other items have been ordered. I appreciate your review!
Portland, Oregon, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

The beds are awesome and comfortable. However the Restaurants food was less than agreeable, super greasy eggs and extremely dry and flavorless french toast. The wait staff are amazing. Very attentive and cheerful, but you just can't overcome bad food.

Our room was not cleaned one day. because we took our do not disturb sign down at 11am. Housecleaning never came back to check. Even though we saw them on our way out. When I called the front desk to have them check on getting it cleaned at 3pm. they told me house keeping was gone for the day. They dropped a bag a clean towels but the room went uncleaned.

The view from the room was great right above the beach and beautiful.
Unfortunately, the room was not insulated well and we spent the weekend listening to neighbors conversation.

I would not stay here again. I would just Rent a house instead.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Stephen N
Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
I can not tell you how sorry I am about the food and maid service! I do hope that you let your server know how disappointed you were with your breakfast so they could fix it for you! As for the maid service, There is always someone on staff that could have done the service so I am not sure what happened there. I appreciate the comments so that I may follow up on what happened. I do hope that you might change your mind and give us another try!
Mcminnville, Oregon, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We wanted room service, there was no hotel book in the room, we were told to just go get a menu from the overpriced restrurant. The sink was plugged, but must admitt the handy man was there in minutes

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so sorry to hear of your experience with us! There should have been a menu inside your room directory and if not someone should have delivered! I am very sorry that my staff dropped the ball and did not take care of you in the manner you deserved. Again I apologize!
Oregon City, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

This hotel is perched on a hill overlooking the ocean. We stayed on the top (6th) floor in an ocean view room in early February, 2013. The hotel was full of families attending an event, but the room was quiet! Beds comfortable. The hotel is tastefully decorated, clean, reasonably priced. The daily $5.00 hot breakfast specials in the restaurant were great. Service was friendly. Free coffee all day in the gracious lobby with fireplace. Newport attractions and activities just a few minutes' drive south.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for your review, I am so glad you enjoy our view and hotel. We do hope that you will stay with us again!