“Updated, nice room, windows need replacing!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Beaverton, Oregon
“Updated, nice room, windows need replacing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had an ocean view that wasn't much of an ocean view being that the windows had so much condensation water was streaming down them and you couldn't see out them, too bad, it is going to ruin the new carpet they had! Should replace the windows. Other than that the room was nice and very quiet. I should also say, the pool was great, the warmest pool I have ever been in and on a cold and stormy day it was awesome. It was like bathwater. They also have a hot tub too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Traci S
Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Traci S,

I really appreciate your comments about the windows, we are trying to figure out what to do about this problem. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our pool, We try hard to keep it as nice as possible. Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

A couple of minor issues but easily forgotten with the service from the staff. The rooms are clean, great location, quiet hotel and great view. We were so very impressed with the employees and their willingness to serve. Buying a home on the coast and we will not hesitate to stay here again through out the entire process. Thank you Best Western.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Chris B,

I hope your search for a house goes well for you, I also think I have a great staff so it is nice to hear that you loved them too! I appreciate you writing your review.
Battle Ground, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Called the hotel directly to book a top floor room for our 30th anniversary. Everything was very nice, price was great for the Oregon coast with a ocean and beach view. We will deffinately stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Julie D
Julie D,

I do hope that you had a very happy anniversary and that my staff was so good in making sure you were accommodated. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you,
Roseburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I am a vendor at the Newport Seafood and Wine Festival every year and I always stay at the Best Western in Agate Beach. The beds are comfy and the room service is nice. I love their Potatoes O'Brien. The view of the ocean is nice to wake up to. This is a great place to hideaway along the Oregon coast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Kathryn s,

I am glad that you choose us as your place to stay at the festival, I hope it was a good year for you! After working the festival all those hours you defiantly need a comfy bed! Thank you for reviewing our hotel!
Eugene, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a very comfortable hotel with beach access. It is one of the few Best Westerns I've stayed in without a free breakfast, and the baked goods we bought for breakfast were overcooked. The beach view side is wonderful. However this is the second BW we've stayed in with mini pillows. Bring back the regular size please. I would stay here again. It is a nice hotel for the price, far enough away from the main drag to be quiet, but close enough to grocery stores and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Kevyn T,

I am happy to tell you that we will be ordering new pillows in the near future, I agree with you I don't like the standard size pillows either. I was happy to hear that you would come stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Boise, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have stayed on the Oregon Coast many times and this was a jewel. We had a wonderful view of the ocean and Yaquina Head. The staff went out of their way to provide us with outstanding service from giving us a room with a better view to ensuring that our room was in perfect working order. Beach access was just a short walk down the access stairs. The restaurant has doesn't have a great view of the ocean but the food was good. We would definitely recommend this motel to our friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Dan Y
Dan Y,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us, I am working on getting some trees cut so that our view is even better! Thank you for your review.
roseburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nice Hotel with nice amenities , pricey. I think for the price they should have offered breakfast. Been to a lot of really nice best westerns that served breakfast. Probably will still go back There is always room for improvement ...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Carlotta V,

I do hope that you had a great time at the Festival, I hope that you will come back and stay with us again not during the festival and enjoy all we have to offer. You are right, there is always room for improvement and we continue to work on them.