Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$145
AscendHotels
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$164
  • Beachfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$122
Agate Beach Motel(Newport)
US$127
1,444 results
All reviewsstarfish grillocean viewbest westernsoregon coasthotel restaurantparking lotsand dunesgreat viewshort walk to the beachsmall balconyrooms are niceyaquina lighthousewould stay here againpool and hot tubsliding doorgreat place to stayeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel it self was very nice and people working there also. My only complaint was the continental breakfast. Would prefer this hotel having a full breakfast like most Best Western Plus hotels. The rooms were clean and appearance of the hotel was top notch. I would have liked an ocean view but it was unavailable, but we enjoyed are selves just the same. The employees seemed to be very professional. I would stay here again but will know to not expect much for breakfast for sure. I don't know much else to say other than I love Best Western they are the best hotel chain I know and recommended that everyone stay with them you cant go wrong.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Libby S,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review of our hotel. Complimentary breakfast are more popular these days, I will pass along your comment to our owner. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Our 5 year old twins are still talking about our short stay here...they especially loved the submarine decorated bunk-bed room and the warm swimming pool. It was so convenient to walk across the road to the beach where they stopped and played in the pools of water and never made it to the ocean. We slept soundly on the comfortable bed and enjoyed breakfast in the hotel after another early swim in the pool. Thank you for a fantastic Spring Vacation memory for our grand-daughters and us.

Room Tip: We didn't have an ocean view room, but the girls didn't care about that.. having their own little room was the best!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

bandman58,

I am so glad that the kids enjoyed the room with bunk beds it can be a fun room. Sounds like you were able to get good use of the pool as well, I do hope you will come and stay with us again. Thank your for your review.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stay at this hotel whenever we are in Newport, OR. We always look forward to our stays there. We get a top floor room with a view of the ocean with one wall being all glass. The hotel has all the amenities that are needed. The beds are comfortable, the furnishings are nice. They have installed new carpet in the last year or so. The lobby is impressive when you first walk in with a big fireplace and ocean view. There is a gift shop and a restaurant in the hotel. We have not eaten in the restaurant yet because we have a favorite place to dine. It is "Georgies Beachside Grill" but we plan to try the hotel's restaurant soon.

Room Tip: We always get a room on the top floor with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

gamespeopleplay4,

I am so happy that you stay with us while you are in town. I appreciate that you took the time to write your review. You will have to try our dining room sometime. However I can understand how you can a favorite place to go!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

While our room was clean and the beds very nice, we found our stay to not be up to BW's standards in terms of room décor and breakfast. Especially in a resort community we would like to see a breakfast. Room fixtures, especially in bath area were dated. The views of the ocean and beach, as well as proximity to a large beach, however were very huge plusses!!! I would guess that the restaurant was good, but it was spendy $$-$$$. We ate elsewhere and were very satisfied. Putting a cover on their 6th story bridge from Parking lot to hotel would be a HUGE improvement. Those with fears of heights need not attempt to cross.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dasman91,

I see you had some pro and cons to your stay with us. One of your items was the bathrooms. I am happy to let you know that we just started tearing out the old tile in the bathrooms and replacing with more modern along with all new granite counter tops. I am hoping this will make the bathrooms look great! I so hope that you will come and stay with us again when we get the bathrooms done and let us know what you think.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The staff were very helpful and friendly. We rented an ocean front room, and it was very clean, comfortable and inviting. We were there during the off season, and enjoyed our stay. We would stay here again within question.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are worth the extra expense.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Steele8118,

I am so happy that your enjoyed your stay with us and will come and stay with us again. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.