“???” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Portland, Oregon
“???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The location has a great view of the beach, ocean, a light house. A little ways out of town, traffic noise muted. I was disappointed by the atmosphere, almost a deserted feeling. Very surprised when at 11:30 PM, much heated loud conversation for at least 30 minutes, quiet until 2:30 then party noise for over an hour and then obvious sexual happenings! Not a fun experience-at least for us!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
I want to apologize for your disappointing stay with us! I am not sure if you let the front desk know as we can usually take care of the noise problems when we are made aware. Again I do apologize and hope you will give us another try. I appreciate your comments!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Christmas Valley, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Hotel was beautiful. Great rooms, service, and pool area. The on site Lounge is a nice amenity at the end of a long day on the beach. It is nice to be able to find an upscale hotel that is pet friendly. However, outside pet area is very limited. Ocean view is amazing. Overall the hotel was great, but for price breakfast should be included.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Judy K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Shayla M,

I appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you did enjoy your stay with us. We are trying to come up with an area that would be for our furry friends but haven't figured it out yet. I hope that you will come stay with us again.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice pool, great fitness center. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Nice view of the ocean....easy walk to the beach. Restaurant a little over priced, but good food. Cozy lobby. Staff goes above and beyond. Great little espresso/gift shop!

Diane Olsen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, I am very happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. I appreciate the feedback about the dining room. We hope to see you again soon.
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised on how nice the room was! Beautiful view, nice big room with fridge , micro, and coffee pot! Love the little extras like having outlets to plug in your phone conveniently right next to each bed. Nice not having to unplug the clock radio just to plug my phone in! I'm a huge lighthouse fan so seeing the blinking light in the distance was the high light for me! We ordered room service for breakfast and were not disappointed! Hot and very fresh! Good service as well. I read some other reviews saying the slamming doors bothered them , but I can honestly say our room was very quiet. Would definitely go back ! Pet Friendly too!

Stayed May 2014
1995win,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the light house. I have taken so many pictures as it is beautiful. I do hope you will come stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Seaside, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a pleasant stay at this hotel, the only problems we encountered were nonfunctional icemakers on 2 floors. The views were great, and beach access was alright from the hotel. This is a great hotel to travel a short distance to the Aquarium, Hatfield Marine Science center, Old Bay front and other fun sites to visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Eric S,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very sorry about the ice machine. I know it was back up running very soon. I do hope you will come stay with us again.
Leaburg, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I found this place on Groupon and decided why not. It offered a $10 dinner credit and cheaper room rental. I will say this the front desk staff was awesome , the room was nice....the doors do slam really loud so we were kept up n woken back up to many doors being slammed open, also check out is at noon but apparently housekeeping tries to c kean your room before you leave as put door was opened around 10 then shut as she noticed we were still in there , the bathrooms are pretty small but who needs a huge bathroom, the pool was great.....my only complaint is the $10 credit towards there insight restaurant is
something to be desired..
.I have worked as a bartender/server for 11 years and what a let down.Very overpriced for what you get, the server bless her heart needs to retire as the 2 tables she was serving was just to much for her. PB & j for my daughter was $6, $18; for my chicken dinner that left much to be desired and my fiance ordered a burger which to me states that the menu left something to be desired if we both ordered entrees that did not involve seafood, the only seafood we ordered was the steamer clams that tasted old. We hate to complain so needlessly we left a healthy tip and continued on...the hotel itself is fine, but I would not recommend eating there your $60 towards dinner could be easily best spent elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank brookelyn2121
brookleyn2121,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I do appreciate the feedback about your experience in our dining room. I am very sorry you were disappointed. I do hope you will come stay with us again. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I had a Groupon so I thought I would try this place. Definitely get an ocean front room. It's the only thing that makes the stay worthwhile. The hotel is old, but it looks like they are slowly renovating it. The bathroom is way too small. Also the shower water doesn't stay a consistent temperature. Overall the staff was friendly and I would consider staying again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sarahpeters123,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Yes we are actually installing new granite and tile floors in the bathrooms. I saw you said you would consider staying again and I hope that your do.