“My favorite place to stay on the Central Oregon coast”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I never hesitate to stop a the Agate Beach Inn whenever I travel to the Central Coast of Oregon. The staff is delightful, the room couldn't be better. The beach is easily accessible. Can't think of a better choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Gus N,

I am delighted to hear that we are your favorite place to stay. We appreciate your business. I hope we will see you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here with my mother, my daughter, and our dog Maggie for a girls' weekend get-away. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of their pet-friendly rooms. It's nice to have a clean, comfortable, and affordable place to stay when travelling with a pet. The beds were very comfortable, and the location was convenient to nearby businesses and attractions in Newport.

1  Thank Monique B

Monique B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am so glad you had a great weekend and was able to bring Maggie with you! I hope that you will come stay with us again. I appreciate your review.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The interior was old but nonetheless the bed was comfortable. Close by there was grocery and number of franchise restaurants. The hotel is also close to the Yaquina Lighthouse and has direct to the beach.

Suk Jong K,

We are in the process of updating our property, We did several things last year and are installing tile and granite this year. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Our 4th floor king room had a magnificent view of the Yaquina beach and Light House. Two comfortable chairs were provided, as well as a very comfortable bed and pillows. Great place to relax after a day of driving. Excellent setting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Garth G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the hotel. I also love The view we have here. I do hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Excellent service. Bed was very comfortable. Bed was the reason we left another property. Staff was responsive to complaint issues. Restaurant provided excellent breakfast choices. View to the ocean was excellent, we had an ocean view room. We would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Bruce B,

I am so glad that your stay with us was a good one. and that we saved your vacation. Bed are such a personal preference but glad you liked ours. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a room on the 6th floor with a wonderful view of not only the Ocean, but also the light house in the distance. We were traveling the coast of Oregon to see all the lighthouses we could. The young lady who checked us in was very helpful with not only information about the area, but also provided us with a map locating points of interest. Very clean hotel and grounds. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

393beverlyd,

Sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us! I am very happy to hear that. We are very lucky to have the view of the light house as well as the beach. I really appreciate your comments about the staff as well. We hope you will make it back again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel was located right on the beach, we unfortunately did not get a view of the beach but the location was great if you wanted to go for walks along it. It is a bit far from the old part of Newport but the location on the beach makes up for it. The rooms were very nice, however we were a bit disappointed that breakfast was not included. The staff was friendly and overall we did enjoy staying here.

Room Tip: Try to get a ocean view room.