“Pleasant short stay”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here the night before the Newport Marathon. It was quiet, clean, and kind of nice being away from everything else. They provided a free shuttle to the starting line, and all though we didn't use it- it was a nice bonus. Our room didn't have an ocean view, but we couldn't have enjoyed it anyhow with as early as we had to check out. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We were happy with our short stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

sspartyof2,

My hope is that you will get to come back and stay with us again when you can stay longer. I hope that you had a great race. Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a pleasant experience with everything -- the room was adequate and clean, the pool was nice, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and we slept well. The beach is very close by, which is also nice. My only complaint was about the wi-fi -- we frequently had trouble connecting, or when we did connect, it was quite slow. Overall we enjoyed our visit and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Sarah E,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am going to look and see where on property your room was located to see if I can figure out the Wifi problem as I thought we had this fixed. I do apologize for that. I hope you will come stay with us again. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I never hesitate to stop a the Agate Beach Inn whenever I travel to the Central Coast of Oregon. The staff is delightful, the room couldn't be better. The beach is easily accessible. Can't think of a better choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Gus N,

I am delighted to hear that we are your favorite place to stay. We appreciate your business. I hope we will see you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here with my mother, my daughter, and our dog Maggie for a girls' weekend get-away. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of their pet-friendly rooms. It's nice to have a clean, comfortable, and affordable place to stay when travelling with a pet. The beds were very comfortable, and the location was convenient to nearby businesses and attractions in Newport.

1  Thank Monique B

Monique B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am so glad you had a great weekend and was able to bring Maggie with you! I hope that you will come stay with us again. I appreciate your review.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The interior was old but nonetheless the bed was comfortable. Close by there was grocery and number of franchise restaurants. The hotel is also close to the Yaquina Lighthouse and has direct to the beach.

Suk Jong K,

We are in the process of updating our property, We did several things last year and are installing tile and granite this year. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Our 4th floor king room had a magnificent view of the Yaquina beach and Light House. Two comfortable chairs were provided, as well as a very comfortable bed and pillows. Great place to relax after a day of driving. Excellent setting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Garth G,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the hotel. I also love The view we have here. I do hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Excellent service. Bed was very comfortable. Bed was the reason we left another property. Staff was responsive to complaint issues. Restaurant provided excellent breakfast choices. View to the ocean was excellent, we had an ocean view room. We would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Bruce B,

I am so glad that your stay with us was a good one. and that we saved your vacation. Bed are such a personal preference but glad you liked ours. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.