“Best thing is the view.”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Anchorage, Alaska
“Best thing is the view.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed at the BW in Brookings which was the 1st BW we have stayed at in years due to past stays and we were very impressed so I thought we'd try another one. We were on the 4th floor and the view is great, the room was clean, the check in went okay. There is only about 12 parking places in front where the lobby is, so you have to drive up to the parking lot and take a skybridge from the lot which goes to the 6th floor of the hotel and there were no luggage carts so had to go back down to the 1st floor in the elevator to get a cart and back up to get bags and then back down to our room on the 4th floor. The room has a small bathroom that is about 5' by 9' and that's the toilet, tub, and sink. Everything is dated except for the granite top, bed, carpet and TV. The room did have a balcony that's about a foot and a half wide and it would be nice if they cleaned the windows for the view. The wi-fi has been hit and miss and the beach is across a 2 lane road and to get to the water is at least a 1/4 mile away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Charles S,

I appreciate you taking time to write your review. It sounds like you have mixed feelings about your stay with us. We have just updated our rooms and now will be doing some other things in the hotel to update and refresh it! I do hope you will come and stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Salem, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were extremely satisfied with our stay. Great room, great view. Staff was very helpful. Wonderful to see a great blue heron fly by a couple of times. This was our second stay and I know we will return some time in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Sharon J,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Its amazing as each day you never know what kind of birds or wildlife you may see from our hotel. I am happy to hear that you come and stay with us again.
Sweet Home, Oregon
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here the night before the Newport Marathon. It was quiet, clean, and kind of nice being away from everything else. They provided a free shuttle to the starting line, and all though we didn't use it- it was a nice bonus. Our room didn't have an ocean view, but we couldn't have enjoyed it anyhow with as early as we had to check out. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We were happy with our short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
sspartyof2,

My hope is that you will get to come back and stay with us again when you can stay longer. I hope that you had a great race. Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel.
Salem, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a pleasant experience with everything -- the room was adequate and clean, the pool was nice, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and we slept well. The beach is very close by, which is also nice. My only complaint was about the wi-fi -- we frequently had trouble connecting, or when we did connect, it was quite slow. Overall we enjoyed our visit and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Sarah E,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am going to look and see where on property your room was located to see if I can figure out the Wifi problem as I thought we had this fixed. I do apologize for that. I hope you will come stay with us again. Thank you for your review.
Coquille, Oregon
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I never hesitate to stop a the Agate Beach Inn whenever I travel to the Central Coast of Oregon. The staff is delightful, the room couldn't be better. The beach is easily accessible. Can't think of a better choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Gus N,

I am delighted to hear that we are your favorite place to stay. We appreciate your business. I hope we will see you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Portland, OR, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here with my mother, my daughter, and our dog Maggie for a girls' weekend get-away. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of their pet-friendly rooms. It's nice to have a clean, comfortable, and affordable place to stay when travelling with a pet. The beds were very comfortable, and the location was convenient to nearby businesses and attractions in Newport.

1 Thank Monique B
Monique B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am so glad you had a great weekend and was able to bring Maggie with you! I hope that you will come stay with us again. I appreciate your review.
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The interior was old but nonetheless the bed was comfortable. Close by there was grocery and number of franchise restaurants. The hotel is also close to the Yaquina Lighthouse and has direct to the beach.

Suk Jong K,

We are in the process of updating our property, We did several things last year and are installing tile and granite this year. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for your review.