“Upscale Best Western with fabulous views”

Best Western Agate Beach Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Newport
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Upscale Best Western with fabulous views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed one night at this large Best Western Plus and are so glad that we upgraded to an ocean view room. It's worth the extra dollars. Otherwise, you would have to go outside to enjoy the unobstructed view of the dunes. The rooms are updated and contemporary--very attractive. The bathroom is a little small, but nicely done with a granite vanity. There is a restaurant--which we didn't try--and breakfast is not included. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are considering a stop in Newport.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room. Otherwise, you're wasting the opportunity to enjoy the stunning sunsets...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Shoemaven,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I always tell guests that it is so worth it to pay the extra for the ocean view. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Judy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Livermore, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a multi story Best Western. About half the rooms face the ocean and half face the parking lot. Pay a little extra and get the view of the ocean and lighthouse which is great. The grounds are nicely done and the restaurant serves pretty good food for both dinner and breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised. The hike to the ocean is pretty much that, a hike. This is not beach front but rather a beach view hotel.

Room Tip: get a room with a view of the ocean and beach
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bullfrog60
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
bullfrog60,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleasantly surprised. I think it is worth the extra for the ocean view rooms. I do hope that you will come stay with us again. I appreciate your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

On the beach with beautiful views. Room was adequate..a bit dated. But the views made up for any deficiencies with the room...we slept with the huge sliding door open to listen to the waves and enjoy the cooler weather...Restaurant was just ok...service was a bit slow...I think our waiter was new and needed more experience..

Room Tip: Ocean view!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen F
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Maureen F,

I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us and the beautiful view! We are a work in progress as we have been doing things to upgrade the hotel with lots more to come. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights for a conference. It was nice, and I was glad I paid extra for the oceanfront room. My only complaint was the wifi, which cut out and reconnected constantly. As a conference center, I expected wifi to be more reliable for business purposes.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashley V
Ashley V,

I appreciate your review and I agree with you completely, We had a whole new system installed last year and so I am looking into trying to get what is going on figured out with it. I so apologize and hope you will come stay with us again.
Judy judyk@agatebeachinn.com
Altrincham, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

After check in we made our way to our room, pausing to admire the ocean view through the large window as we came out of the elevator. When we entered our allocated room and took in its view of trees and the entrance, we immediately phoned the front desk to ask if there was any chance of upgrading to ocean view (if it wasn’t too expensive). For an extra $30 per night we felt it was worth it, so chose to move immediately. The view across the beach and the ocean towards Yaquina Head is magnificent.
When making the reservation we had chosen to add breakfast for a small extra charge. Compared to the paper plates and plastic cups we encountered at many other hotels on the trip, we felt it was well worth it: a very reasonable choice from the menu cooked to order and served on proper plates with proper cutlery.
Only one other thing: it isn’t that easy to spot the hotel entrance heading south. We missed it completely and had to turn around in Newport and try again.
Our two nights here got our big trip around Oregon off to a great start.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan321,

I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was a good experience and I hope the rest of your vacation was just as great! I appreciate the comment about the sign as I am looking in the possibility of putting a sign at the entrance but I have to get special permission from ODOT. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good valve for the money we enjoyed our stay best hot tub jets every. Dining room and food were great awesome beach view. Clean rooms, and excellent Customer service. Defitnely recommended for your nights stay if your in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Agate Beach Inn, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
LRGB,

Loved your comments they are great and really appreciated. I do hope that next time you are in town you will come stay with us. Thank you for your review.
Forest Grove, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room was just right for our group of 3. Nice kitchenette, newer bathroom, beautiful view. Room service was wonderful and even made a special delivery to my son after hours. The bedding/pillows/sheets were nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shannon C,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that our staff took good care of you! I love our beds here although they are a personal preference. I hope that you will come stay with us again when you are down this way. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review.