Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn
  • Beachfront
US$189
US$170
AscendHotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$155
La Quinta
US$199
US$180
US$149
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$220
Agate Beach Motel(Newport)
US$194
1,456 results
All reviewsstarfish grillocean viewbest westernsoregon coasthotel restaurantparking lotsand dunesgreat viewshort walk to the beachsmall balconyrooms are niceyaquina lighthousewould stay here againpool and hot tubsliding doorgreat place to stayeasy access
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Enjoyed our trip to the beach with our dog, we had an ocean view room, it is great to listen to the surf at night. Can walk out the back and across a quiet road to the beach which makes an early morning walk easy and convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

102pattyb,

I am very happy to hear that you and your pet enjoyed your stay here with us at the hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to right your review.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Didn't get the room we asked for. We were told we reserved the bunk bed room. When we checked in the lady said that we didn't have that room. I said that is what we reserved, it was on the paper work and I showed her!!!! She didn't care, the hotel was full and she made NO attempt to correct the situation or offer a solution. Therefore my kids slept on the floor. We were super upset. They don't offer a complimentary breakfast at this hotel either. Very over priced for what you get. Pool was over full and people were very unfriendly. They had an issue with the smoke alarm at 5 am and couldn't get it shut off for well over a half hour. SUPER DISSAPOINTED with the hotel :(

2  Thank Darcy J
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Darcy J,

I am very sorry about the confusion with your reservation. I have looked up your reservation and I see you booked on Expedia and when the reservation came through our system it came through as a double queen room. Please never hesitate to call in advance to confirm your reservation ahead of time so if there is a problem we can try to correct. Yes we were sold out that night but I do apologize how the situation was handled as we should have done better. The fire alarm was a unfortunate situation as another guest burnt food in a microwave and opened the door to the hall which set off the alarm. For some reason the fire department and myself could not get the alarm to silence. Again I am so sorry, I know you are disappointed with your stay but my hope is that you will give us another try. Feel free to contact me directly. judyk@agatebeachinn.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Loved staying here, the view from our room was incredible and being able to leave the sliding glass door open and smell the fresh ocean air at night was great. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Had a small mini fridge and microwave in the room. Ate breakfast there twice, had the $5 entree specials which were very good. Took a nice long walk on the beach across the street, it was beautiful. Would definitely stay here if ever in the area again.

Room Tip: It was worth it to pay extra for the ocean view,
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 523Deedee
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

523Deedee,

It sounds like you had a perfect stay with us here and I am very pleased. The view here is beautiful. I am so glad that you would stay with us when you are this way again. I see you live a long ways from here. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was a great place to stay. The rooms are very clean and the bed is the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept on.We ate at the restaurant the first night and the food is really good.The staff was very friendly!The view from the room was breathtaking!

Room Tip: The best tips I can give is make sure you request a beachfront facing room otherwise you'll be looking at trees.And the beach is quite a hike across sand dunes to the water, but if you drive down 101 about 4 miles there's a state park that has great beach access.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

IdahoZephyer,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review, I am glad that your stay with us was good and you really liked our bed. I do hope you will come stay with us again when you are in town.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Had a great time, great view and good access to beach, lobby is great anytime of year, thanks for the game board use by the fire! Our family enjoyed the stay, fog rolling in and out with the waves crashing on the beach, felt like living a movie on the big screen.

Jeffery W,

I love your review! I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us and hope you will come back again. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.