Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn
  • Beachfront
US$189
US$170
AscendHotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$155
La Quinta
US$199
US$149
US$180
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$220
Agate Beach Motel(Newport)
US$194
1,456 results
All reviewsstarfish grillocean viewbest westernsoregon coasthotel restaurantparking lotsand dunesgreat viewshort walk to the beachsmall balconyrooms are niceyaquina lighthousewould stay here againpool and hot tubsliding doorgreat place to stayeasy access
Reviewed 31 August 2014

A little bit of distance from Nye Beach or the harbor, this place has ocean views (and non-ocean views) and is a bit out of date. Good coffee and clean, the exercise room has room to improve and really an update of amenities is due.

Of course the large rooms with a view of the ocean are great!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view, otherwise odds are you'll be viewing the parking lots.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Newlovenewlife2012,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be doing some work on our exercise room before to long! You are right about the ocean view since half of our hotel overlooks the parking lot!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights in Room 514, a 1-king bed room with a beautiful view of the Agate sand dunes beach, Pacific Ocean and the lighthouse in the distance, no sight of any commercial or residential building. The bed is extremely comfortable, no noise from other rooms and the hallway, and we fell asleep to splashing sound of the ocean. Two big single sofas by the door wall windows, and a narrow balcony. Excellent wifi in room and business center. Clean hotel throughout. Front desk staffs were courteous and efficIent. Location is a short 5-minute drive to restaurants and attractions.

We had two delicious and reasonably priced breakfast with excellent services by Katy and Amy at the hotel's Starfish Grill overlooking the beach.

We have been traveling in Oregon for 2.5 weeks, staying at 6 different hotels. This one, by far, is the very best.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are well-worth it. 6th floor rooms are on the same level as the parking garage.
2  Thank K L
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

OandL,

What a great review, I really appreciate you taking the time to write it! I am so glad you found your stay here with us so enjoyable. I will be sure to pass your comment about Katie and Amy along to Them. I do hope if your every out this way again you will come stay with us. Again thank you!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I've stayed here before and have enjoyed it. I like that I can walk to Wal*Mart in case I've forgotten something. Very nice staff, especially in the restaurant. First time I've eatten there and the food is good too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cindy T,

it is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that our staff was very nice. I appreciate your review!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Terrible customer service, booked ocean view room but when check-in given parking lot view room , FD staff not willing to listen. U guys spoiled my kids vacation. Tub water don't drain torn shower curtains had 4 rooms its a rip off. Next inspection please don't give plus status does not meet plus standards at all, evening staff should be sacked. My sincere advice do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank 359ashwins

359ashwins,

Since you are an employee of Best Western I do not know if you or your supervisor made your reservations. They would have been able to book Ocean View had they been available. The reservations were made for Hillside view which was stated in Best Western confirmation letter as well as the confirmation letter that was sent directly from our hotel. I am very sorry that you were so upset upon check in and felt the staff was rude when trying to explain, her hands were tied and had we of had the availability we would have moved you. We were full and was not able to accommodate this. My suggestion is always call the hotel in advance to confirm your reservation and room type prior so if the reservation does come into our system wrong we have a chance to correct it before arrival. The other guest traveling with you said they enjoyed their stay. Again I am sorry you left our hotel feeling this way.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a lovely couple of days here. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beach is nearby. There are lots of restaurants and stores a short distance from the hotel. The food in the restaurant/bar is decent. The hotel also provides free wifi and coffee. If you are travelling with your dog this is a good place to stay. They seemed very pet friendly.

Room Tip: Ocean site on the upper floors is the way to go.
1  Thank James M

James M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are a pet friendly hotel but do have limited amount of pet rooms so it is always wise to make reservations for pet rooms way in advance. I do hope we see you again soon.