“Happy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Olympia, Washington
“Happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Everyone was pleasant. The food was great. When had questions where to go in Newport the person at the desk was very knowledgeable. My daughter and I really enjoyed our stay. I differently will stay at one of these hotels again since they are pet friendly

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Cristi O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here while on a quick vacation to the coast. It was a great hotel to stay at. The pool was open 24/7 which was convenient for us since we were out and about all day. The staff was wonderful, Mary Lou (I believe that was her name) made sure we had everything we needed and she suggested a lot of wonderful things to see and some amazing places to eat. I loved that Fishtales Cafe was walking distance from our hotel. We ate breakfast there every morning. All in all when we return to Newport we will be staying here again!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank DakiLynn
Aloha, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The breakfast is what really saves this place from an average, or lower, rating, in my eyes. At breakfast, you have the option of making your own Belgian Waffles, cereals, eggs, whatever. There are a few juices to choose from here, as well. It's the highlight of the hotel, honestly.

Outside of the breakfast, the rooms can be comfortable. They aren't all comfortable, however, so you take what you get. I prefer the two rooms on the second floor that exit at the point that overlooks the ground floor, personally. I've always been able to sleep well in these two rooms, and I used to go to Newport for at least two weekends out of every month for about two years. During those travels, this was the only hotel I ever stayed in.

The pool area can be nice, so long as you prop open one of the doors to the outside. You're not supposed to do that, because it changes the air pressure in the pool room, but I find that if this hasn't been done, the room becomes stuffy at a deathly rate. The bubbles on the hot tub don't always work. Now that I think about it, I believe the bubbles have not worked during the majority of my stays here.

The location is decent, I suppose. It's not on the Newport Strip, so you don't get that disgusting scent of rotting fish in the air that often permeates the downtown area. Also, because it's not downtown, it doesn't seem as busy here. With the Holiday Inn that was built next door, you can be sure there is more traffic in this area than previously, though.

Room Tip: I'd avoid the old smoking rooms. This hotel also allows pets, which is nice, if you want to brin...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adam A
Rigby, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We always travel with our little dog and it is nice to not be charged extra because we want her with us. We always have a nice room too. The pet area is also nice. It isn't just a weed patch. If we come back to Newport, we will stay here for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank CherylBiehn
Astoria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We no sooner checked out of our room and got to the event on Saturday when our daughter decided throwing up was a wonderful idea. I called the hotel and the front desk clerk found us a room that was ready right then and let us check right back into our room. To make it even sweeter she called our room while my husband and daughter to check on her, to me that means more than thing because this front desk clerk did not have to do any of that for our family. Just goes to show that their is still nice people in this world!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Leah C
Sheridan, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

After staying a week at this La Quinta for a week in april I was almost sorry to leave. The rooms are clean. Nice free breakfast. The real outstanding feature here was the staff. The folks here can tell you all the great places to dine, or sights to see. If your lucky, you may even see an awesome aggott collection while you there too! Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: The upper floors, as usual, are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Have stayed here a few times, we like it, its home base when we are touring as far south as Florence and north as far as Lincoln City.
Most rooms have been upgraded, we like the top floor, east end at the back away from the traffic. The professional picture are a good representation of the rooms and common areas.

Staff is always very pleasant and helpful, rooms are clean, bed comfortable, fridge and microwave work well and the free breakfast is good and the price is right.

The best part is the GREAT location.
Right across the street is the Chocolate Factory, have stopped in there many times, also it's only a 10 minute walk to the wonderful Aquarium.
The pier, where you can go crabbing, is close by as is the Hatfield Marine Science Centre, amazing place, great for all ages.
North on the other side of the bay bridge to the left is Yaquina Bay park, a great beach and lighthouse, only a 5 minute drive. To the right of the bridge is Old Town and the harbour sea lions, lots of fun things to see, but parking is a challenge.

The Port of Newport Yaquina Bay Harbour is also home to NOAA National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, at times there are some amazing research ships docked in the port.

A 10 minute drive south is Seal Rock, have spent many hours exploring this beach.
20 minutes north is Yaquina Head interpretive centre, light house and rocky beach have also spent many hours touring and photographing this area.

It’s a 16 hour drive for us and I would drop what I'm doing and go tomorrow, if only I could.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple