La Quinta Inn & Suites Newport
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$125
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Agate Beach Motel(Newport)
US$194
All reviewsthe oregon coast aquariumrogue breweryroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyyogurtpool and hot tubpet ownerswithin walking distancegreat place to stayfree breakfastcookiesking suitepet areafront desk staffnice staystayed one nighteasy access
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We just stayed for a night but it it was great. The room was huge with a kitchen, living room, fire place and we had the one with a hot tub that it was really nice. It's pet friendly and the breakfast was really good and with a lot of options, waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy, yogurt,milk and juices.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diego M
Reviewed 4 June 2014

So close to the "antique/consignment" shops, the Aquarium, Hatfield science center and the NOAA docks, you could walk there. Also a new shop that teaches wood turning opened a block away! You can schedule an hr or two and come away with a fabulous wood pen etc. We like this hotel because the staff is awesome, the decor is coast-like and the pool is great. Breakfast is second to none and we always factor that into our hotel choice- value for the money wise. Not an ocen view, however it is located right near the bridge over the river and leading to the sea, also Rogue Brewery is super close by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank weareOregonians
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Everyone was pleasant. The food was great. When had questions where to go in Newport the person at the desk was very knowledgeable. My daughter and I really enjoyed our stay. I differently will stay at one of these hotels again since they are pet friendly

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank cristio205
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here while on a quick vacation to the coast. It was a great hotel to stay at. The pool was open 24/7 which was convenient for us since we were out and about all day. The staff was wonderful, Mary Lou (I believe that was her name) made sure we had everything we needed and she suggested a lot of wonderful things to see and some amazing places to eat. I loved that Fishtales Cafe was walking distance from our hotel. We ate breakfast there every morning. All in all when we return to Newport we will be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank DakiLynn
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The breakfast is what really saves this place from an average, or lower, rating, in my eyes. At breakfast, you have the option of making your own Belgian Waffles, cereals, eggs, whatever. There are a few juices to choose from here, as well. It's the highlight of the hotel, honestly.

Outside of the breakfast, the rooms can be comfortable. They aren't all comfortable, however, so you take what you get. I prefer the two rooms on the second floor that exit at the point that overlooks the ground floor, personally. I've always been able to sleep well in these two rooms, and I used to go to Newport for at least two weekends out of every month for about two years. During those travels, this was the only hotel I ever stayed in.

The pool area can be nice, so long as you prop open one of the doors to the outside. You're not supposed to do that, because it changes the air pressure in the pool room, but I find that if this hasn't been done, the room becomes stuffy at a deathly rate. The bubbles on the hot tub don't always work. Now that I think about it, I believe the bubbles have not worked during the majority of my stays here.

The location is decent, I suppose. It's not on the Newport Strip, so you don't get that disgusting scent of rotting fish in the air that often permeates the downtown area. Also, because it's not downtown, it doesn't seem as busy here. With the Holiday Inn that was built next door, you can be sure there is more traffic in this area than previously, though.

Room Tip: I'd avoid the old smoking rooms. This hotel also allows pets, which is nice, if you want to bring your cat or dog with you to the coast.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family