“save your $$”

Mazatlan Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 113 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our first clue to leave the restaurant should've been that it was empty on a Saturday at 1p.m.

The food: Carne Asada burrito. Buried under a mound of lettuce & enchilada sauce. The more food is buried the more they are trying to hide the taste. And yes they were. Meat had the flavor & texture of canned meat & I've never had a carne aside burrito mixed w/beans. My fault for "assuming" the burrito did not have beans mixed in. Dumped salsa on it.

My husband's chili relleno: It was literally scrambled egg w/a green chili inside it. The taco looked like I had made it at home!

You can't fool someone who grew up on the border of Arizona. I know my Mexican flavors.

My advice: keep driving. I told my husband I would've rather saved $$ & ate at McD's!

There are newer reviews for Mazatlan Restaurant

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Don't order any of the beef - its filled with gristle. Portion size good, but they don't have any real specialties to speak of. I had the super burrito (chicken) and it was good, but pedestrian. Prices too high for what you get.

2  Thank firstlish
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Great little late lunch stop and yummy salsa! Couldn't get enough. Price was fair. Service friendly. Could have been cleaner, but not the worst I've seen. Would go again.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

At here with family during stop along the coast. Food was mediocre at best, waitress was incredibly rude! It wasn't busy when we were there waitress was short with us, slapping plates down on the table, She seemed annoyed we were making her do her job!

2  Thank TravelBuginSD
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Pollo ala Crema fabulous, without the mushrooms! Great Mexican food for the Coast. Definitely will return