“Don't let the outside fool you,”
Review of Cecil's Dirty Apron - CLOSED

Cecil's Dirty Apron
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Seafood
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I would give it 3.5 stars if that were an option. Fish and chips were good, the fish is one big piece and some might prefer smaller pieces so that there is more breading but the fish was fresh, thick and had a crisp breading, The burger is good but is smaller in diameter and tall which looks appealing but it is hard to eat. I didn't have the salad but it looked great, will try it next time. The one dessert looked pretty, a waffle with a sweet glaze, ice cream and chocolate but it was very hard to eat and we only ate the ice cream.

1  Thank DrizzleTown

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Went with some friends to see some music and have a couple of drinks. Good time listening to the different musicians who came and went with their instruments. Would stop by again to hear who was playing.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

These kids think they know down home southern style food, but this place is really a joke when it comes to a restaurant. It may be an OK nightclub, but don't eat there.

3  Thank BeenThereDoneThat123
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I loved the art and the cheery paint job. The food, while not the worst I've ever had, doesn't rate a second chance. The fries were okay. The sandwich while not inedible, was only almost as good as a grocery store deli sandwich. I choked down half and brought the rest home just in case I got really really hungry and no longer cared what my food tasted like.

2  Thank krzkt
Reviewed 3 July 2013

To see this place from the outside a person would assume it would not be a good place to take the family. WRONG. Cecil's Dirty Apron is a great place to eat and lots of fun. We ordered frog legs just to say that we tried them. The chef brought them out to us, a young man from South Carolina. There was live music and we were encouraged to dance and enjoy ourselves. Our three year old could not stop dancing....oh, and she loved the frog legs! By far my favorite place to eat in Newport.

1  Thank AliciaT143