“Best pizza I've had on the west coast”

Cobblestone Pizza Co.
Ranked #45 of 113 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I grew up on the east coast, and there may be a few places I've been in the past better than Cobblestone Pizza, but I've been here twice now (once for carryout, the most recent to eat-in), and this is the best pizza I've had since I moved to the west coast in 1997.

The crust has just the right combination of crispness and chewiness, the cheese was gooey and flavorful, the toppings (all veggies for me, I am vegetarian) were not soggy as happens at alot of places. The garlic rolls as a side are not greasy (which is how similar sides seem to be at other restaurants), and the restaurant is clean, the background music doesn't blast out like it does at other restaurants, and though trips down to the coast to Newport are not common for me and my partner, this will no doubt be a consistent stop for us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Cobblestone Pizza Co.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We like gourmet type pizza with a crust that is crispy thin in middle and bready on the rim. Their crust is one of our favorites (comparing to Portland, we prefer it to pizzicato, blind onion, vincente and hot lip pizza crusts).

The toppings are more traditional - one stand out is the smoked pepperoni. They offer a Very Veggi combo that is true to the name; its good but even better the next day when the veggis get reheated in the toaster oven. The chopped garlic is generous, works for me! Feta is average, fresh mushrooms are good. The marinara sauce is very good and the pesto rich. The garlic chicken combo is a good choice. There are enough choices to satisfy a variety of tastes.

It is easy to miss, it is behind the OSU Credit Union on the North end of town, across from Fred Meyers.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Pizza not cooked & cold. Wings had rubber skin. The absolute worst pizza & wings ever! Have never ordered a simple pepperoni pizza that had rubber crust & rubber wings. Never again.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The pizza is pricey but it tastes very good. I agree with the other reviewers that they put lots and lots of toppings on the pizza. It has a great flavor and there are lots of options to chose from. The biggest downside is there seating...there is very little to chose from and if you have a large group then you may find it to not be too accommodating. The pizza is pretty expensive as well.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed there weekday special 14 in for$11 w/ 1 topping. Was fantastic. They had several other specials available on dry erase board next to menu. Self serve fountain drinks, very clean surroundings. Close to 101 with easy parking. Ohh.. and salad was GREAT