“Decent for the price”
Review of Waves of Newport

Waves of Newport
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were only staying in Newport for one night so we wanted something basic and inexpensive, and this worked out well for us. The rooms are old, but it seemed clean enough. The location was good. Breakfast was mediocre.

Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Waves of Newport

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was out tuna fishng for a full week and I just wanted to have a real bed to sleep in! Now the place was nice and the king size bed was very comfortable.. My room was on the 3ed level and it had a great ocean and beach View. The only thing that I didn't like about the place was that it had no A/c in the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very nice place for the money. Our room was clean and very large. The pool and hot tub were great and nobody but us most of the time. The bottom floor room doesn't really have ocean view and no beach access. Breakfast could use some help but overall a good value.

Room Tip: Would ask for a higher room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank carterjv
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great beach location and it could have been good but it wasn't. Clean that is. The carpets were filthy and the chair seats were really dirty. Tried to use the fridge but the freezer was caked in frost and wouldn't cool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brent M
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel last night 8/21/2013. We took our family to this place and the pictures looked ok online. The ONLY reason we chose to pay $120 a night and not go with something cheaper was the appeal of the indoor pool. I must say first off the pool/spa are was nice and kid friendly. I liked the fact it was only 5 ft deep for my kids. This is the only thing nice about this hotel. The rooms are incredibly hot and no A/C as previous people have stated. We opened the window which had no screens. (not kid friendly) We stayed on the 2nd floor. The street lamp they installed was right out our window so at night as we tried to sleep in our HOT room we could not open the blinds to let the breeze in as it would shine in our eyes. The toilets kept running ever 16 seconds as we were trying to sleep and the upstairs people were so loud ALL night long kept my family up. When I went to check out the gentleman never asked about my stay or anything but I let him know I was disappointed and why and all he said was "Sorry about the upstairs" . In my opinion not very professional or customer service oriented at all. Luckily my parents were going to stay in that place this weekend but has since made other arrangements. I am very disappointed since I have never been to Newport and was excited only to have our vacation ruined by this place in one of the most miserable experiences I have ever had. I will warn others so they do not make the same mistake we did! Plus side they did have an assortment of cold breakfast. Not worth the $$$ that is for sure.

Room Tip: Do not stay here !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the vacation rental house for 3 days.August 18-21-13
The house has a beautiful view of the ocean, but it is over priced for the condition. The carpet is very dated,stained,and the odor was discusting and my wife has asthma and it smelled and looked likr it has not been cleaned since it was installed. Don't move the bunk bed towards the wall for smaller children due to the dry rot in the corner. The windows don't lock and black mold is visible on all the windows. One window in the bathroom is so old the frame is coming apart and cannot be opened. Most of the electrical outlets don't work or the plugs won't stay in. The refrigerator door needs extra help to close since it does not close by itself. We have stayed at many places and this is one that deserves a price reduction due to the condition of the house. We will not be returning and cannot recommend it to anyone that we know. We had our 3 little grandchildren with us and had we know prior to arrival we would have gone somewhere else. I have never seen a place like this that was so dirty before. The staff was nice and when we needed extra towels they got them there fast. The view was great but that was it. Never again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Motorhead27
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and i booked a room for our anniversary, we were looking for something that had a view of the ocean, a hot tub and not overly expensive. I was a little put off when i called and asked what room we were in and the manager said "bottom floor" i said oh good, whats the view like. he said "partial view" i thought ok, well it probably has 1 or 2 windows that you can see the ocean out of; nope, it meant that you had partial view out of 1 window, there were a bunch of shrubbery in front of the window, we really couldent see anything! My biggest complaint was the "NO AIR CONDITIONING" if i had known that, we would have booked somewhere else! the shower in our room sucked as well, you couldent even turn around in it :( and the parking was horrid!!!! Good Points: Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna and the office had a fan we could use :) the motel was close to the beach and easy to get to.... don't think we will be staying there again

Room Tip: If you are gonna book here, ask for a room on an upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple