“best clam chowder”

Ranked #25 of 110 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kalispell, Montana
“best clam chowder”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

There not lieing when they say worlds best clam chowder. We liked it so much we ate two night s in a row. The price is good for fresh seafood and your on the pier by the ocean. Service was amazing

Visited July 2013

US
“Fun to watch the fish come in and be cleaned on the dock.”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This review is from August, 2013, when I brought a couple of teens in for a birthday meal. We sat in the window overlooking the docks which they enjoyed. Many big fish came in that day, so we enjoyed our time for that alone as we had someone from outside the area along who found this rather unique. Food was good, some basic chowder and sandwiches. Dessert was delicious. Service was mediocre.

I'm writing this review in part because we ate at the Mo's restaurant across the street today and found that the food and service was better in this location, even worth missing out on the fish docks unless visitors are along who would like having that experience and the water view, which does often include seals.

• Visited August 2013
Kennewick, Washington
“Great clam chowder and slumgullion”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great service - fast & friendly, great food at a reasonable price, neat as a pin. What more can you ask for? This is the kind of place I will go back to again and again.

Mo's has lots of locations. This is the one in old Newport right on the water.

• Visited January 2014
Kalispell, Montana
“A Re-Review”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Last December I wrote a review about how disappointed I was in Mo's. Having grown up eating there, the food and service had gone downhill for quite awhile. I sent an email to them describing my bad experience. Ms. Macantee answered my email and then sent me a $25 gift certificate and a request to try it again. Well as with all gift certificates I get, I usually lose them. This was no exception. Anyway, I have now gone back 4-5 times and couldn't be happier. Food seems to back up to the old standards and so is the service. If you have given up on the place or any of the Mo's on the Oregon coast, I would give them another try. I'm sure glad we did.

• Visited December 2013
“Excellent food, decor, not so exciting”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Been here three times in the last couple months. Love the food and prices...chowder is YUM, fish tacos very good, their house cabbage salad is interesting and delicious. No complaints from any friends on anything we have eaten. Decor is out of the 60s, diner style...maybe its part of the personality. Service is always excellent, which will bring me back again. They have some super yummy desserts, we go there just for the berry crisp! If you visit the coast, you really have to check out Mo's. :)

Visited October 2013