“A Newport staple! ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I love the food here, the service is usually pretty good, I don't mind the sometimes longish (20mins) wait for a table, so my only complaint is the way the place is set up. It seems hard to walk around with all the tables/other customers. So overall, it's a bit cramped on the inside but that won't stop us from coming back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were concerned the restaurant's location near Nye beach would have an affect on the quality. We were impressed with both the casual atmosphere and well done lunch dishes. The chowder is remarkable. So was the black bean veggie burger. A good bet for lunch.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Quaint little seaside restaurant that's been there since the late 80's so that should tell you something. Many restaurants seem to have a short life there. We ordered the salmon special, which was just great. Along with that was a baked potato and small bowl of clam chowder. The restaurant was full and remained that way. The next visit (next day), hubby ordered the salmon again and I had the huge chowder bread bowl. Excellent service and great food. It was VERY busy for a Friday afternoon/evening, the line formed shortly after we arrived and went out the door and down the sidewalk. Great staff, fun visit! Good food!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went there with a friend that is a local. She had suggested the chowder here. When taking our order for beverages the waitress told us about the specials. One was the Crab Louie Salad. That is what we ordered. Had no idea it would be $26 for a bunch of lettuce and very little crab. I questioned her about it before we paid the bill. She said well it is crab and that is expensive...you did enjoy it right. I said it tasted very good but not worth $26 and would have never ordered it if we had realized the expense. She smiled and said well have a good day!. So I would go back for the chowder because it was excellent. I feel she should have given the prices along with what the specials were that day. The shrimp salad was quite a bit less on the menu. Looking at that price we did not feel the crab would be much more.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have visited this location several times and tend to get there right when the doors open. It gets very busy (probably because it's so good). The service is fast and friendly. I am convinced they have the best chowder on the Oregon Coast. We always get the fish and chips which is great! A trip to Newport is NOT complete unless you go to the Chowder Bowl!

1  Thank Cameron S