“Very Dissapointed”
Review of Sizzler Newport - CLOSED

Sizzler Newport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went for their steak and all the shrimp you could eat while on vacation. The steak was tough and the shrimp had way to much batter. We had to remove all the batter from the shrimp to taste them. We would not go back again.

1  Thank hollyb652

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very disappointed in our last visit. The salad bar was messy and the items with mayo were saturated....potato salad, broccoli salad and one other I couldn't recognize. Atmosphere is old and food is like that of an old cafeteria. Tri-tip 'special' tasted like liver with gravy that tasted like it was from a jar. A far-cry from the last time we were here. Don't plan on coming back.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Food was good and the salad bar was perfect...clean and fresh. A good place to stop after touring the coast all day.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The salad bar was great and so were the steaks. The meals were too big for us to finish but we sure tried

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Every time my wife and I have eaten at this location, we've been greeted by cheerful cashiers and servers who make sure that we get the exact meal we want. The meal starts when you order an entree, which comes with a salad bar (or you can get just the salad bar). The salad bar is typically well stocked, with fruit (which usually isn't very ripe, but at least it's there) and numerous pasta salads and fixings for nachos and spaghetti and such, plus there's often a selection of hot soup and the desert area includes some excellent banana pudding. My wife and I like to get the endless lemonades to accompany our meal, which are served with syrups to add mango, strawberry, or raspberry flavor. There's a nice view out some of the booth windows, especially during the spring when you can look at the leaves and vines on a dense forest backdrop, or you can find a nice selection of tables for larger groups. I don't tend to eat a lot of buffet meals these days because I'm trying to watch my weight, but sometimes you can tempt me into making an exception at Sizzlers.